Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Well, I'm in the northern 'burbs - maybe 25 minutes from the big city. But yeah I moved about 2500 miles to buy a house here - super-cheap compared to where I was on the west coast, utilities way less, property taxes low, food / gas / etc cheap as well [again, compared to where I was - I'm sure some locals are grumbling about prices going up]. Not my first choice, but it'll do. Keeping an eye out for a nice 1920's-ish craftsman bungalow here but they are scarce outside of the city.
    First world problems - I gots them.

2. suited

suited Senior member

Looks like a great area - I wish I had a bit more room. Last night I rearranged my office and it's a lot more functional now. I actually enjoy setting things up/reworking space for my business. We have a 4 bedroom house but with one room dedicated to a gym and the other a guest room, that only leaves 1 extra room other than the master for me to use as an office. There are no basements in 99% of houses here, so you've really gotta have a big pad to have any real storage space. I think we are around 2,400 SF. Transitioning to a tabletop mannequin has really saved me a ton of room. Definitely the single best decision I've made with my setup. I guess I don't technically need anymore space, but if I were carrying the inventory that some of you are, I definitely would.

3. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

4. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

what is the wall storage system? As to the build out, I went to habitat and got a 30" luan door which I cover with craft paper (I buy the rolls at home depot, the stuff they use to protect wood floors after they're finished). It is both the measuring station and the mailing station. all boxes, tape, tissue, bubble wrap, are under it.

Total investment was about $20. Oh. forgot to say that I clap it to saw horses on each end to keep it from moving.

5. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Can anyone comment on whether this Brioni tie is genuine?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

I have yet to see a fake Brioni anything. Brioni knockoff from biancoBrioni, but never a fake. It looks genuine to me!

7. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

8. TheNeedMachine

I dig rearranging spaces to make them more functional as well. Today I counted how many times I went into different rooms in order to list something, well as pack & ship something that sold...total was 4 rooms each time. Waste of time & energy - I need to get some "lean" up in this joint.

Not many basements around here either - I've got a 2-story with living area up and garage + the empty room down. Time to put it to use I think.

The thing against the wall is a zip-close garment storage unit, where I was keeping a lot of winter stuff during the summer (and now filling with lighter weight stuff for next year).
    I like your door & saw horse idea, though I would need tall saw horses as bending over the table I use now puts a crick in my back. So I could either do back-strengthening exercises, or get a taller table (guess which I am planning on).

Looks real to me. A bit older, but real. Here's a recent one I sold last week, showing all the markings - only thing slightly different is the "n" in Brioni, to my eye, and that could just be an update by them over the years...and of course they got rid of the little metal medallion thing a while back (thankfully - it reminds me of Donald J. Trump or Steve Harvey pieces).

9. TheNeedMachine

(Sorry - double post.) That sounds familiar as well - or maybe "tonal plaid"...along those lines. Well, I already listed it as "shadow plaid" so we'll see if that gets any bites - thanks!

10. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

Are you saying Bianco Brioni is a knockoff, or that the only knockoff you've seen is Bianco Brioni?

Thanks again, I have some work to do.

11. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I've had a transaction "Pending Payment Through PayPal" since November 1. What gives? How long until I can cancel the transaction and relist?

12. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Thanks, I guess I just haven't seen that style of label. It's not like I make it a point to handle $200+ ties everyday... [​IMG]

13. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I don't understand....isn't that the only point?

14. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

Ok I have a situation, a buyer purchased a Belstaff jacket from me , he's in NYC so there was sales tax he kept bitching about the tax so I refunded the tax, he receives jacket and files a snad claiming its fake, I personally bought this jacket at barneys sale and have a few more that still have tax , his reason for being fake is that it's not waxed, usually I take returns but this guy had pissed me off more than once already, is it worry fighting? I can probably dig up receipt from barneys but I sold item as nwot, I know if outcome is not in my favor I lose some seller rating bullshit, but I have the truth on my side, any advice? Btw here is the item, Item # : 301008758725

15. sparrow

sparrow Senior member

Take the return or lose money and jacket.
    Block and move on .