• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't respond to you because you have re-awoken a seething jealousy over the affordability of real estate in Atlanta

Well, I'm in the northern 'burbs - maybe 25 minutes from the big city. But yeah I moved about 2500 miles to buy a house here - super-cheap compared to where I was on the west coast, utilities way less, property taxes low, food / gas / etc cheap as well [again, compared to where I was - I'm sure some locals are grumbling about prices going up]. Not my first choice, but it'll do. Keeping an eye out for a nice 1920's-ish craftsman bungalow here but they are scarce outside of the city.
First world problems - I gots them.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thinking this might be my new home office + eBay stock room + packing & shipping station + photography space + etc.
Underutilized 400 sf space on my lower level, misc crap stored there now can easily go elsewhere. Then drag down my office desks etc, photo stuff, racks of clothes, and packing stuff, all of which is in 3 different rooms upstairs. Even has a bathroom thru one of those doors, and another closet. Already has HVAC, hard-wired for internet/TV, and do get my WiFi down there. Can't think of a reason not to, aside from it's gonna be a lot of work, and I need to have some new tables built, maybe finally install a wall-storage system that 1OfTheCoolKids clued me to. And would free up my dining room, and both of the spare bedrooms I now use as my office and stock room...to use as actual spare bedrooms or something more "normal" (one as a spare bedroom, the other maybe for books / records / vintage stereo). Just thinking out loud here. Carry on...
Looks like a great area - I wish I had a bit more room. Last night I rearranged my office and it's a lot more functional now. I actually enjoy setting things up/reworking space for my business. We have a 4 bedroom house but with one room dedicated to a gym and the other a guest room, that only leaves 1 extra room other than the master for me to use as an office. There are no basements in 99% of houses here, so you've really gotta have a big pad to have any real storage space. I think we are around 2,400 SF. Transitioning to a tabletop mannequin has really saved me a ton of room. Definitely the single best decision I've made with my setup. I guess I don't technically need anymore space, but if I were carrying the inventory that some of you are, I definitely would.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What would y'all call this plaid, or describe it as? Really subtle, very dark gray on charcoal gray with a muted blue windowpane nestled in there. I believe there is a proper term for it - I was thinking shadow plaid but that doesn't seem right. I thought Wes had something not dissimilar recently (i.e.: in the last 100 pages or so) but not finding it. Browsed online and no luck finding something like it. Any hints? Thanks!

I saw someone calling it a "tone on tone" plaid. Have no idea if that's a proper term.

But I like the fabric.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking this might be my new home office + eBay stock room + packing & shipping station + photography space + etc. Underutilized 400 sf space on my lower level, misc crap stored there now can easily go elsewhere. Then drag down my office desks etc, photo stuff, racks of clothes, and packing stuff, all of which is in 3 different rooms upstairs. Even has a bathroom thru one of those doors, and another closet. Already has HVAC, hard-wired for internet/TV, and do get my WiFi down there. Can't think of a reason not to, aside from it's gonna be a lot of work, and I need to have some new tables built, maybe finally install a wall-storage system that 1OfTheCoolKids clued me to. And would free up my dining room, and both of the spare bedrooms I now use as my office and stock room...to use as actual spare bedrooms or something more "normal" (one as a spare bedroom, the other maybe for books / records / vintage stereo).

Just thinking out loud here. Carry on...

what is the wall storage system? As to the build out, I went to habitat and got a 30" luan door which I cover with craft paper (I buy the rolls at home depot, the stuff they use to protect wood floors after they're finished). It is both the measuring station and the mailing station. all boxes, tape, tissue, bubble wrap, are under it.

Total investment was about $20. Oh. forgot to say that I clap it to saw horses on each end to keep it from moving.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on whether this Brioni tie is genuine?

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have yet to see a fake Brioni anything. Brioni knockoff from biancoBrioni, but never a fake. It looks genuine to me!

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote: I have the D3100, the picture are a lot better now that I am using the auto white balance and I leave it set in "A" mode. I still do some post processing but have it set up to run auto so it is saving a lot of time. I'm down to only manually editing about 10% of the photos from 100% before.

I use dreamweaver so its a program but to get it to do what you want you have to manually edit some of the code. They have a nice split screen so you can see what it's doing as you do it.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a great area - I wish I had a bit more room. Last night I rearranged my office and it's a lot more functional now. I actually enjoy setting things up/reworking space for my business. We have a 4 bedroom house but with one room dedicated to a gym and the other a guest room, that only leaves 1 extra room other than the master for me to use as an office. There are no basements in 99% of houses here, so you've really gotta have a big pad to have any real storage space. I think we are around 2,400 SF.

Transitioning to a tabletop mannequin has really saved me a ton of room. Definitely the single best decision I've made with my setup. I guess I don't technically need anymore space, but if I were carrying the inventory that some of you are, I definitely would.

I dig rearranging spaces to make them more functional as well. Today I counted how many times I went into different rooms in order to list something, well as pack & ship something that sold...total was 4 rooms each time. Waste of time & energy - I need to get some "lean" up in this joint.

Not many basements around here either - I've got a 2-story with living area up and garage + the empty room down. Time to put it to use I think.

what is the wall storage system? As to the build out, I went to habitat and got a 30" luan door which I cover with craft paper (I buy the rolls at home depot, the stuff they use to protect wood floors after they're finished). It is both the measuring station and the mailing station. all boxes, tape, tissue, bubble wrap, are under it.

Total investment was about $20. Oh. forgot to say that I clap it to saw horses on each end to keep it from moving.

The thing against the wall is a zip-close garment storage unit, where I was keeping a lot of winter stuff during the summer (and now filling with lighter weight stuff for next year).
I like your door & saw horse idea, though I would need tall saw horses as bending over the table I use now puts a crick in my back. So I could either do back-strengthening exercises, or get a taller table (guess which I am planning on).

Can anyone comment on whether this Brioni tie is genuine?

Looks real to me. A bit older, but real. Here's a recent one I sold last week, showing all the markings - only thing slightly different is the "n" in Brioni, to my eye, and that could just be an update by them over the years...and of course they got rid of the little metal medallion thing a while back (thankfully - it reminds me of Donald J. Trump or Steve Harvey pieces).

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw someone calling it a "tone on tone" plaid. Have no idea if that's a proper term.

But I like the fabric.

(Sorry - double post.) That sounds familiar as well - or maybe "tonal plaid"...along those lines. Well, I already listed it as "shadow plaid" so we'll see if that gets any bites - thanks!

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have yet to see a fake Brioni anything. Brioni knockoff from biancoBrioni, but never a fake. It looks genuine to me!
Are you saying Bianco Brioni is a knockoff, or that the only knockoff you've seen is Bianco Brioni?

I have the D3100, the picture are a lot better now that I am using the auto white balance and I leave it set in "A" mode. I still do some post processing but have it set up to run auto so it is saving a lot of time. I'm down to only manually editing about 10% of the photos from 100% before.

I use dreamweaver so its a program but to get it to do what you want you have to manually edit some of the code. They have a nice split screen so you can see what it's doing as you do it.
Thanks again, I have some work to do.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had a transaction "Pending Payment Through PayPal" since November 1. What gives? How long until I can cancel the transaction and relist?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks real to me. A bit older, but real. Here's a recent one I sold last week, showing all the markings - only thing slightly different is the "n" in Brioni, to my eye, and that could just be an update by them over the years...and of course they got rid of the little metal medallion thing a while back (thankfully - it reminds me of Donald J. Trump or Steve Harvey pieces).

Thanks, I guess I just haven't seen that style of label. It's not like I make it a point to handle $200+ ties everyday...
peepwall[1].gif

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok I have a situation, a buyer purchased a Belstaff jacket from me , he's in NYC so there was sales tax he kept bitching about the tax so I refunded the tax, he receives jacket and files a snad claiming its fake, I personally bought this jacket at barneys sale and have a few more that still have tax , his reason for being fake is that it's not waxed, usually I take returns but this guy had pissed me off more than once already, is it worry fighting? I can probably dig up receipt from barneys but I sold item as nwot, I know if outcome is not in my favor I lose some seller rating bullshit, but I have the truth on my side, any advice? Btw here is the item, Item # : 301008758725

sparrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok I have a situation, a buyer purchased a Belstaff jacket from me , he's in NYC so there was sales tax he kept bitching about the tax so I refunded the tax, he receives jacket and files a snad claiming its fake, I personally bought this jacket at barneys sale and have a few more that still have tax , his reason for being fake is that it's not waxed, usually I take returns but this guy had pissed me off more than once already, is it worry fighting? I can probably dig up receipt from barneys but I sold item as nwot, I know if outcome is not in my favor I lose some seller rating bullshit, but I have the truth on my side, any advice? Btw here is the item, Item # : 301008758725

Take the return or lose money and jacket.
Block and move on .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads