• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Searched, but didn't see this problem addressed, so hopefully it's not a redundant question. Has anyone had a buyer not pay, relisted the item and gotten a bid from the same person under a new account name (as in zero feedback)? If so, what did you do about it? Did ebay help (stupid question, I know)?

Thanks for the advice. Pretty odd, I did this and shortly thereafter a bid by an account with 1 feedback rating from over a year ago for a book popped up. I don't know if there are more scammers targeting eBay right now, if it's just the item or if it's the original buyer trying to beat down the price, but it's really weird.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What would y'all call this plaid, or describe it as? Really subtle, very dark gray on charcoal gray with a muted blue windowpane nestled in there. I believe there is a proper term for it - I was thinking shadow plaid but that doesn't seem right. I thought Wes had something not dissimilar recently (i.e.: in the last 100 pages or so) but not finding it. Browsed online and no luck finding something like it. Any hints? Thanks!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shadow is what I'm thinking...

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just going to order boxes again, none of the post offices near me ever have more than 2-3 of each type and it takes way too long to ask for some
gCmKkL

From what they told me, the only ones they end up with besides FRB's are boxes someone ordered and couldn't be delivered.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just going to order boxes again, none of the post offices near me ever have more than 2-3 of each type and it takes way too long to ask for some
gCmKkL

I considered myself blessed when my local USPS had some of the board game boxes (good for long overcoats etc) - my locals usually carry maybe 4 or 5 different sizes at most. I just ordered a boatload more boxes in various sizes from usps.com - it used to be hit-or-miss ordering online but has gotten better for me. If you need massive quantities, order by phone.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I considered myself blessed when my local USPS had some of the board game boxes (good for long overcoats etc) - my locals usually carry maybe 4 or 5 different sizes at most. I just ordered a boatload more boxes in various sizes from usps.com - it used to be hit-or-miss ordering online but has gotten better for me. If you need massive quantities, order by phone.

Glad to know its not just me, I order about everything twice and I'm lucky if it shows up once.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. It takes extra time as I need to upload all the pictures to photobucket then copy them over to the html on ebay but I think its worth it. I'm sure there is a quicker way but dont have a mac or garage sale.

I was hoping there was an easier way! Glad to hear you're not doing it with garage sale, I am allergic to mac, and I really shouldn't be since my entire industry is Mac based.. Also, if I remember earlier conversations in this thread, you have the same Nikon D3100 as me. Are you still doing a lot of post processing, or have you figured out a way to get those great shots straight off the camera?

I use the square photo when I can for the 1st image in the listing and then rectangular images for all the rest. I think the square image lets you shower a larger item in the search page as it fills up the entire area.
That's a great tip! I now have to think about making sure my first image is square. It's the (not so) little things that can really make a difference!

Nope, all my own html template.
Damn. Writing code or using a program?

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking this might be my new home office + eBay stock room + packing & shipping station + photography space + etc. Underutilized 400 sf space on my lower level, misc crap stored there now can easily go elsewhere. Then drag down my office desks etc, photo stuff, racks of clothes, and packing stuff, all of which is in 3 different rooms upstairs. Even has a bathroom thru one of those doors, and another closet. Already has HVAC, hard-wired for internet/TV, and do get my WiFi down there. Can't think of a reason not to, aside from it's gonna be a lot of work, and I need to have some new tables built, maybe finally install a wall-storage system that 1OfTheCoolKids clued me to. And would free up my dining room, and both of the spare bedrooms I now use as my office and stock room...to use as actual spare bedrooms or something more "normal" (one as a spare bedroom, the other maybe for books / records / vintage stereo).

Just thinking out loud here. Carry on...

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These F***ers are coming out of the woodwork! Mutherfuckin $225 chargeback from 2 months ago...WTF!?!?!?!?

Block em....
dombulas
That sucks. I've had a lot of returns recently. Some idiot is going to end up paying about $20 in total shipping to try on a pair of boots he paid $45 for.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That sucks. I've had a lot of returns recently. Some idiot is going to end up paying about $20 in total shipping to try on a pair of boots he paid $45 for.
I think I have it beat. Fortunately I am horrible at emptying my email. I have 5 pieces of evidence that I sold to the correct person and shipped to the correct address in a timely fashion. Should be open and shut. We shall see.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking this might be my new home office + eBay stock room + packing & shipping station + photography space + etc. Underutilized 400 sf space on my lower level, misc crap stored there now can easily go elsewhere. Then drag down my office desks etc, photo stuff, racks of clothes, and packing stuff, all of which is in 3 different rooms upstairs. Even has a bathroom thru one of those doors, and another closet. Already has HVAC, hard-wired for internet/TV, and do get my WiFi down there. Can't think of a reason not to, aside from it's gonna be a lot of work, and I need to have some new tables built, maybe finally install a wall-storage system that 1OfTheCoolKids clued me to. And would free up my dining room, and both of the spare bedrooms I now use as my office and stock room...to use as actual spare bedrooms or something more "normal" (one as a spare bedroom, the other maybe for books / records / vintage stereo).

Just thinking out loud here. Carry on...

I can't respond to you because you have re-awoken a seething jealousy over the affordability of real estate in Atlanta

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads