1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

From my experience you are fine. If you want t offer him a refund as thats your policy then thats all you have to do. He cant change the feedback, if he opens a case, call ebay and explain the situation and you should win if you in fact listed the correct measurement and he confirmed it via ebay messages. Add him to your blocked bidder list (and ebay black list) and thats about it.

2. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

I already have one of those so let me know if it works. I think it will take a label that's almost 3 x 6

3. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

I sold a Sir Pendleton NWT shirt for the BIN price of $66.

[​IMG]
    I had picked this up as part of a 23 item purchase at an estate sale.

Buyer gets it and send me a photo showing two holes in the shirt on the back. I respond to his email and tell him I'll refund his money and email him a label to print and send the shirt back. When I got back to a large screen, there was no point in the return because of the size of the holes so I followed some advice here and just asked him to donate the shirt.

After 2 rounds of him trying to initiate a return on ebay that wouldn't charge the restocking fee, he messaged me that it was not working. I went to paypal and refunded his money. (I was trying to use the return process to get fees back). Because he was frustrated, I was worried about his feedback.

I had a stack of woolrich fishing shirts, also new that had hadn't paid much for so for $10 in shirt and shipping, I sent him a long sleeve white fishing shirt at my expense with a note explaining how I was disappointed that the shirt wasn't what I expected it to be. (it had never been worn and I never unpinned it)

Got his feedback today.

"Customer service 2nd to none."

Phew. ....I post this as I handled this very differently than I would have without following this thread the last 6 months and it paid off. From Wes saying on some items its better to just have them re-donate the item, to Spoo talking about throwing a fiver in a package when he discovered a problem but the buyer still wanted it........

I may have gone overboard with sending him the free shirt, but for $10, it was worth it to me starting a store to try to make the bad situation into a good one.

Now hopefully, he'll buy something else and I can make back some of my expense.

4. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

^ my bet is he will be a return customer again and again.

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I for one, think im really successful.

6. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I was thinking the same thing....but apparently success is in the eye of the beholder.

7. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Well if I may chime in, I for one think all 3 of you are successful. Booya!

Keep on pimpin pimpin.

8. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Did no one notice the highlight and italic? Is irony dead? [​IMG]

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

lol

i guess i need a cocktail

10. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Hey that's mine. Not entirely sure, but I believe Spoo prefers the Gentlemans Jack variety. I'm all about the single barrel. Though I will drink any of them....except that Honey bullshit.

And sorry, I had no idea bold and italics meant sarcasm or irony.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  12. SpooPoker

Its all jack to me - except that honey business.

13. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

This is my daily drink, I like the bourbons although I am planning to move to Nashville soon so maybe have to rethink Jack.

[​IMG]

14. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

One of the worst weeks of my life was spent in a dry county in the commonwealth of Kentucky...when I saw a sign alongside the road that said something like "last chance for booze next 100 miles" I thought it was a joke or advertising gimmick. It was not.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  15. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Apparently amongst the community of SF, I don't drink often enough...and when I do, I always go for a beer or six.

Beer over liquor for me, just how I am.