Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Its all jack to me - except that honey business.

2. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

This is my daily drink, I like the bourbons although I am planning to move to Nashville soon so maybe have to rethink Jack.

[​IMG]

3. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

One of the worst weeks of my life was spent in a dry county in the commonwealth of Kentucky...when I saw a sign alongside the road that said something like "last chance for booze next 100 miles" I thought it was a joke or advertising gimmick. It was not.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013

4. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Apparently amongst the community of SF, I don't drink often enough...and when I do, I always go for a beer or six.

Beer over liquor for me, just how I am.

5. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

My daily drink. :colgate:

[​IMG]

6. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Same for me most of the time - and cheaper the better - I like to drink it but don't really like being drunk, hence, PBR! At a get-together or something, that's different. And I get the odd yearning to get smashed on gin & tonics once or twice a year.

When I first moved here (to GA), imagine my dismay when I discovered they had NO Sunday sales of anything - beer, wine, liquor. That sort of information should have been disseminated in a pamphlet when you cross the border. Not long after, voters approved Sunday sales but it's voluntary - not every store thinks you ought buy booze on a Sunday, and those that do usually make you wait until after 11am or noon (because you should be in church until then anyway).

7. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

Strange synergy here. Last night I changed all my listings that have been hanging around longer than my new inventory system (more than a month or so) because I hate hunting for them when they sell - to 10 day auctions starting tomorrow. So I have 103 10 day auctions starting tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.

8. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Yeah, my new inventory systems helps me as well. My old listing stick out like a sore thumb with the red and yellow backgrounds. After those are gone, I go for the stuff lit by flash.

Because I have three closets at my disposal, my inventory system means having enough hangers for everything.

9. sparrow

sparrow Senior member

Excellent beverage!!

10. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

As for booze, I greatly prefer Scotch whisky from the banks of the River Spey. Bring back memories of meals in Scottish pubs!

11. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior member

Well, I've got a case here:

Recently I bought a NWT suit from a US seller, and he managed to ship out a completely different suit (probably just a mix-up)

He shipped it to my proxy shipper, which again shipped it here to me(Norway).
    Should I demand that the seller covers all expenses in shipping? Both for me to return the suit I got, and for him to ship the original here? (If he still has it, for all I know he shipped out my suit to someone else...both are in same size and color, but one is a double breasted, other is a single breasted).

I know shit happens ,but god damn it pisses me off when shippers don't double check stuff like this. Saves both parts lots of money and time.

12. marc roberto

marc roberto Senior member

^^ I would. Thats a good lesson for him too. Its also standard ebay protocol when somethings not as described.

13. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I did that once. I had two Harris Tweeds with the exact same unusual pattern. Thought I only had one. It sucks, but the seller really should offer the cover everything. He probably won't be on the hook for the two rounds of proxy shipping, but I would push for everything else if he doesn't offer on his own.

14. DanM

DanM Senior member

I dunno, you're only driving a Ferrari to the thrifts, it's not like you've got a Bugatti...

:)

15. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

You didn't have your proxy double check? Seems like the seller should only be on the hook for shipping to and from the original shipping address.