Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. suited

suited Senior member

That stinks. The other day someone opened a case against me because the polo didn't fit. They claimed it was "not as described," despite the fact that he openly admitted it just didn't fit him. He was actually nice about it (except the part about the whole case opening rather than just messaging me).

2. marc roberto

marc roberto Senior member

3. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

I had a large lot (approx 50) suits and sport coats last year all NWT from Hickey Freeman. How many is a "shitload"? Also what label is it? There are 20 more things that go into the price if you are going to be selling larger lots but 1st thing to do is do some research and look on ebay to see what else has sold and at what prices.

4. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

Yep, I did. You can't tell me something's not the size it's supposed to be when there's a pic of the tag on the auction, and accurate measurements. I reported him just to cover myself a little more in case of negative feedback. I'm taking the shipping hit. It's a nice Canali Suit, it'll sell again.

hoooooooooooooooooooly shit. I'm glad that one is so ignorant it's funny.

I've had a huge rash of returns the last week, way above normal. 95% have been really nice, exactly how the return program would work in a perfect world, the other 5%.... I'm glad I have this forum to blow off steam and to learn from others. Seriously, a great community and I'm really glad to be a part of it.

5. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Boom....

Removed!

Guy said it was a stretch, but he enjoyed learning about how I got into selling shoe and suits, and since I have such great account standing he would push it through.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

you owe me a jack.

7. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Bought one of these yesterday on eBay for $45: http://global.dymo.com/enAU/Products/LabelWriter_450.html

[​IMG]

It doesn't do 4x6 labels for a standard USPS label, but the ones that do are way, way more expensive. And I found this YouTube video where a guy prints out a different format USPS label from Paypal, and from my research it seems like it oughta work with Ebay too.

Will update when it arrives and I test it. Should be a fairly cost-effective way to significantly cut down on the time and hassle involved with printing out paper labels, cutting them out, and taping them on.

8. Brianpore

SWEET. Let us know how it works and if you can take a picture of the label would be cool to see.

I switched to 1000 Quality Self Adhesive Shipping Labels 2 labels Per Sheet for USPS Paypal back in may and it saves a TOOOOOOON of time. Anyone who is cutting and taping, BUY these, thank me later.

9. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

+1 I am a tiny seller and use these, maybe 15 things a week and these are perfect with Paypal shipping.

10. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Just found out that for the month of October, 15% of my eBay sales were purchased through a mobile device...kinda cool to know.

11. joshmick

joshmick Senior member

Not clothing related, but, my friend and his band had ALL of their music gear stolen about a year ago, from their touring van. He just found his stolen Orange AD30 amp head on eBay! However, the serial number is scratched off and there is no way of positively proving it. Bummer.

12. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Senior member

Selling about 25 suits/sportcoats. First time doing it. Do you recommend I allow for returns? I'm a little skeptical of the average eBay buyer and don't want to get a suit back that is really nasty after being tried on.

13. Brianpore

14. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

He needs to purchase the item, and retrieve the sellers address, email, and personal phone #. This will give him some options.
    Atleast this is what I would do if someone stole my business on wheels...revenge is not the correct answer, but closure is. [​IMG]

15. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Not to be the devil's advocate, but chances are the seller is not the thief. The head may have changed hands a half a dozen times by now.

He could purchase it, if he wants it back, likely in worse condition than it was a year ago.
    He could report the listing. It is against ebay policies to sell items with removed SNs.