1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Connorh

Connorh Active Member

Hey guys, have a quick question.

When paypal/ebay sends you your tax information for transactions done throughout the year, what do they calculate your taxable income as?

Is taxable income the total of any purchases/inflow, or is it the total inflow- total outflow(payments, etc)?

Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

2. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Only inflow/income for business transactions (meaning friends and family purchases don't count towards it.) The outflow/expense tracking will be on you, otherwise you will be on the hook for taxes on the entire paypal recorded amount.

3. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

Question for people who do both BIN and Auctions. So a lot of my items have multiple watchers, which is rare for me. I do Good-til-Cancelled listings primarily, and after a 30 day cycle, reduce prices gradually. Still have watchers, still no offers. I understand that having watchers doesn't necessarily mean the item is super desirable, but it should mean something, right? Anyway, I'm thinking of sending them to a 10 day auction. When I do so, do the watchers get informed by ebay that their watched item is now an auction listing? My fear is that they'll just get a message saying that their watched item listing has now ended, and them thinking that somebody must've bought it.

4. dazedstate

dazedstate Senior member

I believe they get a notice that the item has been relisted. I've gotten this message before on items I've been watching that were BIN at least.

1 person likes this.
  5. Nell

Nell Senior member

No, he didn't. Clearly country of origin matters, but such questions should be asked before purchase. Regardless, I've offered a return from his initial message.

Respect to all those who deal with this type of thing on a regular basis...

6. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Do you have a link to the listing?

7. Nell

Nell Senior member

8. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

I have these soft arms that pin on via a little tab at the top. I don't always use them, but when I really want something to look nice, they help fill the sleeves out the way they would look on a person.

Not sure where to get these; mine came with my mannequin when I bought it from a retail store that was getting rid of theirs.

(That's not my usual tie, either; I was using that one with a couple of vintage suits.)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

You could definitely make those with long tube socks. Nice.

10. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I have two pairs of corneliani for PRL pants in size 34. Same store so I'm guessing same donor. Would you sell them together?

They're pleated, but I think they'd do well. One is linen and the other is wool.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

100% no.

3 people like this.
  12. DanM

DanM Senior member

So, I have my first buyer from Russia. Meant to avoid that, but apparently I didn't set up my shipping restrictions correctly on that Garagesale template. Anyway, the shipping address and name that I received through ebay are in Cryllic. How the heck do I print a label for that? Ebay/Paypal can't seem to print it, the USPS web site says the characters copy/pasted are invalid, I'm stumped.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Я всегда прошу их сообщения, что он мне по-английски, если тот случай.

14. DanM

DanM Senior member

Good to know - I didn't want to run it through google translate in case something came back incorrect.

15. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

Did you guys get the free listings promotion yet? It's already the 7th and nothing. The past few months, ebay has showered me with 20000 free BINs and variations on that. Nothing for 2014? Thanks.

16. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

One just ended yesterday, and I have the 500 free still going for my normal monthly amount.

Getting ready to upgrade again, to an Anchor Store subscription. 2500 free insertions a month. That's a lot of SUCCULENT beaver.

2 people like this.
  17. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Accidentally left my jacket at my friend's house. It's a 60/40 (cotton/nylon) and it smells like smoke b/c my friend smokes cigarettes!

I searched on the adv function but can anyone advise me on how to get rid of the smoke? Dry clean? I put the jacket in my shower to steam it out and nothing

18. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

Look at le Sacre's posts.

19. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

specifically, pick up bulbs rated as daylite. minimum 5000k, preferably 6500K.

20. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

I'm changed out my paper for a shade over the holiday. it looks whiter. $20 well spent.