1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

The first rule of Gold Powerseller Status:
    1. You do not talk about Gold Powerseller Status.

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I loled because it is SO fucking true.

FTFM ;)

3. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Isn't that against eBay policy? I thought you couldn't leave negative to someone who left negative to you. I would check before buying something just to leave negative feedback otherwise you could wind up with something you don't want.

4. masaccio

masaccio Senior member

As a buyer, it's almost meaningless. It's like with Amazon reviews. Not even the best products have 5 stars, it's always 4.987, because some knucklehead loved the item, but UPS left it for him at the side door instead of the front door, so he gives the product a 4 star rating.

It sucks to get your first negative, and others have given good advice about following up, but don't let it be too discouraging. Maybe think of it like the first scratch on a new car. Or in your new cordovan shoes. It's just "patina" on your profile.

5. Tweets

Tweets Senior member

There's other ways to be an ass...buying an item and never paying is a good one, Ebay is a joke and doesn't do anything about most of them...

Guy's name is Phishshtick

I would add him to your blocked list, he buys a lot, leaves a lot of negative and neutral and even his positive usually isn't positive.

6. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

No such animal when I tried to add to my blocked list.

Phishshtick : Invalid User Id

7. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Senior member

Try lower case "p". I just did it. Hope I got the right guy.

8. Tweets

Tweets Senior member

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  9. masaccio

masaccio Senior member

Love it when an item you've lost out on gets relisted and you win it on the second go round for less than your previous high bid!

Curious why the seller didn't do a second-chance offer to next highest bidder from previous auction, though. Is that option only available in certain instances or for a limited time after the initial auction closes?

10. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

I've put out plenty of second chance offers that have garnered no response and so end up relisting after the offer expires.

11. joshmick

joshmick Senior member

I just had a guy open a case on me for listing the item in UK sizing (Church's custom grade shoes). He said they fit snug, which is weird... The listing said "if you aren't familiar with Church's sizing, do research before bidding" and "No refunds"

Either way, I issued him a full refund. Hopefully I don't get negative feedback

12. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

I went off (sort of but not really) on a buyer who asked tons of stupid questions prior to BIN and now not responding nor paying for the item (5 days past). I feel regretful but oh well :D

13. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Don't feel bad... Block, before they can become a vindictive feedback-leaver...

14. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Except you feel really bad when the moron ships it anyways to some random address in your apartment complex. :(

15. stevent

stevent Senior member

Any chance ebay could remove a neutral feedback? Got my first one where buyer said color was off (which it is sometimes but definitely not this item and there were stock photos). He already cancelled transactions where he bought then decided he didn't want after purchase and I think was mad since I ignored a bunch of lowballs from him.

edit: and even though color was "way off" in photos he's using my photos (without my permission) to sell jacket :brick:

edit 2: eBay won't remove it, do I contact buyer or just report the listing?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013