1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I use it as a filler if I have 3 or 4 characters remaining and can't think of another key word.

2. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I prefer

WOW
    HOT
    SICK

1 person likes this.
  4. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

SHIZ

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

DOPE
    RIDIC
    OMFG
    WTF

and the ubiquitous

AMAZABALLS

6. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

Can you put "Check out "xyz" website for more info" ? It's not a redirect, right?

7. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I think as long as it's for information, and not for another sales site you are ok. I forget the all the technicals of the policy though. Be back in a minute with more.

EDIT: should be ok, see the first set of link policies.
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-links.html

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  8. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

As you can see, most use that (and other words) as leftovers on their titles. No one will actually search for these things, but they draw attention. Furthermore, when people begin to recognize your titles and pictures, they will further reinforce the branding/marketing.

Saw that and nearly offered you a lowball on it. I recognized the photos though and didn't want to embarrass myself. Cool jacket!

9. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Not sure about ebay.com, but my terms say something about that as well. I can't remember if it's only links (which are definitely not allowed) or also text. I'd assume you'd get away with it if it was text, but you never know.

It's the same with information within ebay messages...all information is redacted and if Germans and Austrians want to make a deal outside of ebay, they're normally careful with how they interact by spelling things. The Italians? No, they're clear that they'd like the discount for doing business outside of ebay.

10. namdaemun

namdaemun Senior member

Hey

I shipped an item to someone in CA but since 12/22 its been stuck and now cleared from customs. Is there anything I or the buyer have to do?

Not sure why it's taken so damn long to get there (been 3 weeks)

11. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Hey guys,

Anyone ever have any issues shipping things to hong kong?
    Would you recommend/not recommend it?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  12. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

I sent a message to the buyer: "Hello, We understand you are return the shoes purchased from us.

Please let us know how this item was defective? I also noticed you mentioned they did not fit and were too big. Thank you for informing us about the fit issue."

I have not heard anything back. He has not shipped the item back yet. Return process says I'm on the hook for both shipping, But no case has been opened yet. How can I go about fighting this and proving this is not an "item defective" issue, rather buyers remorse or issue on fit, in which case I certainly want to charge my 15% restock fee! I assume calling eBay at this point is premature, because no case has been opened, and no communication back from buyer gives no new information, and finally, he has not shipped the item back yet. Did I just answer my own question...?

13. TheBurnOut

TheBurnOut Senior member

Was he international? If not, I'd just pay the shipping, add him to your blocked bidders list, and move on.

14. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Principle...I have to treat this transaction as if I never offer returns. Reason why, is because this buyer is taking advantage of the return system (even though I offer returns), just to try on the shoes. He does not want to be on the hook even for the shipping let alone the restock fee. If I offered no returns, we can all agree this case is something we fight for, and should win because of the information he relayed thus far including fit issues.

15. TheBurnOut

TheBurnOut Senior member

Believe me, I get your frustration. We've all been there.

I encourage you to think about the bigger picture: the frustration you will undoubtedly experience if you pursue it, the negative feedback you might receive (and future costs as a result). All for $10, $20?

Pick your battles, man.

2 people like this.
  16. sparrow

sparrow Senior member

I think if snoogz is willing to duke it out that's cool
    While burnout is right I think sometimes you gotta push back

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  17. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

how many people are employed by your ebay operation?

18. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

19. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Are those going to be bright enough to light a mannequin, even with all 4 working? I've got 11 bulbs going at this point (8 small spiral CFL's and one big spiral, and two 4-foot tube fluorescent) and I'm OK with the results but would like to tweak it a bit more. This is with all 11 going and zero post-processing, so I'm not sure how well 4 CFL's would light up a full mannequin...:

[​IMG]

20. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

Huh I only have two fluorescent lights. I plan on installing an overhead light too. This way I can shift the two down towards the bottom as well. But I really like how well your image stands out from your background.

Also your bowties a little off-center.