1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

If you have a Zegna jacket that is intended for US sale, yet shipping is set to all international places, they could DING you prior to your listings ending. Correct?

But, if the sale does go through, and was then shipped to a different country, upon the listing closing, no DING can be had against you? Correct?

They have to catch the violation prior to the violation being acted out. Once it is sold, or listing ended, no infraction can be upheld. Correct?

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Pretty sure its under your seller dashboard - or call ebay and ask to be sure.

Correct

3. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

I think that's correct. They won't go back through completed listings to be sure. Important to note, though, that Zegna is not on the list. Your example works for other brands that are a member.

4. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

I was replying to the question from k4lnamja that asked "if I've 10 dresses from Diane Von Furstenberg then I am unable to sell these?"...my reply was just clarifying that those are the companies that participate in the VeRO program and do keep an eye on what is listed on eBay. He can sell items from DVF & all those companies along as they are legit and he's allowed to - it was a different poster who asked, not Fueco.

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Im sorry. Im running a 103 fever and a bit loopy. :(

6. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Oh snap, get better Spoo...not the time of year to be feel in under the weather.

In other news, looks like my city is delivering mail today (sunday)...cool.

1 person likes this.
  7. TheNeedMachine

VeRO is not set up for "restricted items" - it's mostly to keep counterfeits off eBay and is policed by the companies themselves, not eBay. For example, you'll find a pant-load of fake Hermes belts on eBay and you never get a red box warning when you list an Hermes tie, however, I get the warning 100% of the time when I list a Burberry item. They are not restricted items/brands - they are controlled and reviewed items.
    Obviously if you are listing "human kidney" then you'll trigger a restricted item red flag, but we're talking about the VeRO program, which pertains to copyright, trademark and intellectual property rights - i.e.: counterfeits. Counterfeit items are not restricted, they are banned, as in, not allowed.
    The list of companies on the eBay VeRO page is fewer than the companies that participate in the program - the ones on the list are only those who opted to create an "about me" page on eBay to explain their positions and why they may have flagged your listing. For example, read the one from Coach - it's there expressly to explain their position on fakes.

1 person likes this.
  8. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

9. marc roberto

marc roberto Senior member

Looks like e-bay doesn't consider Scotland a country. It seems like there's a big disagreement about this question out in the world. So if something is made in Scotland would you list it as made in United Kingdom?

10. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Yes, until Independence is passed into law after 2014...

11. TheNeedMachine

Sorry to hear it boss. Unplug, medicate, fluids, and sleep!

1 person likes this.
  12. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

So I just talked to customer support at Ebay.

It seems that in this case I just need to ask the company for permission to resell the product. I'm guessing that my listing got flagged because I didn't specifically state how I acquired the item and because I'm obviously an Ebay reseller.

There are no blocks on my account as to what I can sell, which is good. You guys had me scared that I was going to have to get a real job!

I'll let you all know what the company comes back with, hopefully tomorrow...

13. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Sorry to hear it! It sounds like you get sick as often as I do (2-3 times per winter). Lots of tea and vitamin C, as my wife always says/gives me.

I didn't see mail trucks today (nothing is open on Sunday here), but I did see trucks yesterday, which is odd. They deliver on Saturdays beginning on the first weekend of advent.

I would have expected it to be considered a country, though it's within the UK, I'd go with that...for now.

Sounds like good news!

14. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

Unplug, medicate, fluids, SHIP 120 PACKAGES, and sleep!.

15. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

[​IMG] thats what I was thinking

16. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Scottish independence is set to be voted on by the people in the Autumn of 2014. The bill has already been approved by Parliament and was approved by Royal Decree. It just has to be voted into law... I for one support it. I've been to Scotland, and you could never ask for a more fiercely independent people!

And yes, it is excellent news on the selling front. I just hop that they will let me sell this one item. Though I'm guessing I'll be able to sell it via other venues if they don't allow me to sell it on Ebay.

17. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

OK, all this talk of fake gives me pause on an item I was getting ready to post tonight.

I picked these up right after I started thrifting the end of august.

Evisu, No. 2, stitched horseshoe, buttons all evisu, rivets all evisu, evisu genes stenciled in. Thread colors seem right. I must have looked at 20 pair on line and there's a good bit of variation in how they finish these.

Here's what's always bothered me: on most of these, the stitching at the coin pocket extends up to the waist band; there is usual 1-3 belt loops installed on the diagonal; the edge finishing on the legs; no "made in.........tag anywhere"

So I'm holding off but would appreciate your opinion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. marc roberto

marc roberto Senior member

I got warnings from e-bay every time I list anything Burberry or Chanel that it better be real or Im in trouble. Other names like Gucci, Ferragamo , Tom Ford, Isaia, Charvet, Brioni, Stefano Ricci and many more I don't get any warnings that it better be authentic, so Im guessing they warn about those brands because those brands requested that they do it. Are there so many more fake Burberry and Chanel items than the others?

19. SpooPoker

I dread doing this now trust me

20. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

Hi guys. I need a source for buttons to replace a couple on a Kiton suit.

For the pants, its flat on top with 4 holes, but its routed with 2 holes in a single channel. The back of the button in the 2nd photo is thicker to reinforce the button.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are the sleeve buttons. Note that besides the normal rim, the center with the 4 holes is concave routed.

[​IMG]

I measured both of these at 13.5MM, but based on my looking, 13 is probably the closest I'll find.

Any sources you had good luck with??