1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I quit smoking in 2007, I picked up a stogie again around 2010 I think, YMMV.

Inorite!!!

2. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

That to me is a call to the district manager. Play the "that was someone's Xmas gift" angle maybe.

Good help is hard to find. :facepalm:

3. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

The buttons are on the right side on his though!

4. sparrow

sparrow Senior member

No , button on left , is woman's
    That is woman blazer

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  5. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I'm apparently awesome at being able to tell the difference in directions. This does not bode well for my prospects as a surgeon-wannabe.

"We excised the mass on the left side. Wait, what do you mean it was on the other left? Oh fark..."

-----

Edit: I feel better now that I know I was right. Gawd! Stop making me think I can't do directions. I have a hard enough time anyway!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  6. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Exactly...didn't know if there was a proper term for it aside from "collarless".

...Tho save for lack of collar/lapels, it's structured like a standard blazer.

Buttons on mine are on the right = men's.

That might work - thanks!

My buttons are on the right (not left) side, thus men's. Plus, it's Kenzo Homme.

7. sparrow

sparrow Senior member

Kenzo is nice
    I paid extra for a well fitted kenzo

Worth the fee for style

8. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Yes, but the original blazer in question has the buttons on the right.

9. sparrow

sparrow Senior member

I scrolled up I c
    Thanks ! I was looking at the other pic

10. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

11. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

My only neg got removed today. It was from someone claiming they didn't receive an item for a month. He left the feedback a week after he bought the item. It was an international shipment to Canada too. Fucking elated. Also had a good thrift day, and my mannequin came in. It's such a fucking good day.

1 person likes this.
  12. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

That's BS. I had mine remove instantly. He told me it might take a little white to got through, but by the time I walked from the living room (I'm a phone pacer) to the laptop in the office, it was already gone.

13. labravajazz

labravajazz Senior member

I asked him to return the shoes as I don't believe I misled on condition and photos were very clear in my description. i also pointed out that the price was very, very low anyway for this brand. He responded by asking why I would want to court bad feedback?!
    He also threatens that if he has to send them back he will demand all extra international postage costs both ways in an ebay claim.
    My question is if I refund what he wants couldn't he still leave me bad feedback?
    and if he makes an ebay claim against me can he demand all postage as well as refund item price? I presume he can't leave bad feedback if item is refunded?
    I'm naive on these matters always having feedback saying the item was better than expected so all this is a nasty shock :(

14. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Really sorry to hear about that. Like in all sales, there is a small minority that won't play fair. It sounds like you have one on your hands, assuming that the shoes are as you describe. I recently had a similar experience with an international buyer. They claimed that a sweater I sold them was stretched. It wasn't. My photos were accurate, my measurements were accurate. They're a seller, so I'm fairly certain it was a case of not knowing they were buying a women's sweater rather than a men's. What did I do? I didn't argue, just returned their purchase price and shipping costs at my expense (once I received the return).

The way I look at it, if I get hit with that every 100 sales or so, I'm still fine. If you don't want to mess with the entire process of trying to fight it, I advise you to simply roll over on it. Keep in mind, I have no idea how much they paid in customs fees, etc. If there is a significant amount tied up in it, I'd try to negotiate a deal with them (i.e. I would return their shipping + item cost, but not customs fees). I'd especially try this if you don't sell often, and remind them of this fact (I'm just a normal guy selling my things...). However, they CAN leave feedback for you regardless of whether you accept the return. The only instances where they can't leave feedback are those where you win a case.

15. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Had a message pop up today when I had to log back into eBay - updated terms & conditions - I just clicked "accept" and moved on...then noticed that nearly all of my listings now offered the Global Shipping Program. Turns out I was automatically opted in - I did not request it. So I had to opt out of the program, but that takes 24 hours to take effect for some reason. Found a get-around to remove it from all listings (instead of having to do them individually), but didn't make note of where/how etc. Anyway, just a heads-up if you get the new terms & conditions pop-up page: check your listings and make sure you were not opted into GSP automatically (if you don't want to be opted in, that is).

16. ScottW

ScottW Senior member

^^^ That exact same GSP situation happened to me a couple of months ago. You are "opted in" (a bullshit phrase considering no other option is presented) when you accept the updated T&C agreement, which you have to do. I just waited 24 hours and opted out.

17. HansderHund

Good to know. Not for myself as a seller, but for those that want to opt out of it. I won't personally buy anything with the GSP as the prices are INSANE. Maybe it's easier for sellers, but as an example, I bought something recently that cost $91. The shipping would have been $28 and another $30 or so in customs fees.

Here's an example:

[​IMG]

18. labravajazz

labravajazz Senior member

Mmm well this buyer doesn't want to return the shoes, just angling for a $50 discount. Shipping fees are more than this, each way, and I'm tempted to say send them back even though full refund of shipping will cost me over $100.... Truth is he got a great deal.... :/

19. HansderHund

In that case, make it very clear: you don't offer partial refunds. If they are unhappy, then they can return them. If they're satisfied, then they keep them. If someone is simply unhappy with colors, fit, etc., I won't give in to a partial refund. It's either satisfied or not. If you receive negative feedback after they refuse to return them, I *think* you can get it removed under the basis of feedback extortion. They threatened you with negative feedback unless you offered a discount. This is the basis for the ebay policy.

20. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

Yeah, I dunno what happened.

However, I just got this email (approximately 8-10 hours after I called)

We decided not to issue the buyer a refund. You don't need to do anything else for this case. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed. This case is closed.

Decision:
    This case has been decided in your favor. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed.

Comments:
    This case was found in your favor because this item isn't eligible for eBay Buyer Protection. Any feedback left, including detailed seller ratings, will be removed and won't affect your seller performance standing. Note: It could take up to 24 hours for your Seller Dashboard to reflect this decision.

[​IMG] THANKS SPOO for the tips!

What's the whole "isn't eligible for Buyer Protection" thing? Is that just what they say when it's buyers remorse?

2 people like this.