1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

That's how I used to do it too.

Otherwise, if you are going to be doing a lot of the same size stuff, buying them wholesale online or even locally is the best way. There are a ton of packaging sellers on eBay.

The best deal I can find right now is on Uline, because they are having a huge cardboard box sale. Not sure if they go to Canada though.

2. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Hey guys,

This might not be the right thread for this question, but help would be appreciated.

I'm setting up a USPS PO box for items; what size PO box should I get? Will be for ties, shirts and suits mainly. Any ideas?

Options are:

1 (3 IN X 5.5 IN)
    2 (5 IN X 5.5 IN)
    3 (11 IN X 5.5 IN)
    4 (11 IN X 11 IN)
    5 (22.5 IN X 12 IN)

3. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I'd say option three. Does the PO hold the occasional package that doesn't fit?

4. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I'd recommend option 5. A USPS regional flat rate box is just over 11". If it's a suit that won;t fit, my stuff is going out in a 13x10x4 box. Wouldn't fit in any option but option 5. Especially if you got 2 packages on the same day.

5. othertravel

I don't know as this would be my first po box. If for example I order an item that doesn't fit in the po box, does it get sent back? Or does the post office hold it for a few days?

6. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I assume they would put a slip in your box to pick up at the counter.

7. othertravel

Thanks guys, appreciate the help.

8. Zacharrrr

Zacharrrr Well-Known Member

9. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

That's a pretty hard thing to miss during initial inspection and all his pictures seem to go to hiding it. I would contact him, and if he refuses to do anything that isn't 100% in your favor, open a case.

1 person likes this.
  10. Zacharrrr

Zacharrrr Well-Known Member

right, but what should i ask for. i think as well that the seller tried to hide this

11. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

I would ask for a refund including shipping both ways, if it were me - that's pretty flagrant - he either tried to hide it or did a piss-poor job examining it, but either way it's how sellers learn to examine better & describe accurately.

12. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

How does one refer to a sport coat / blazer that does not have a collar or lapels? It's not Mandarin or Nehru and I really can't think of a proper term...unless it's just called "collarless?" Kenzo Homme, made in France, if that weighs into it.

Pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

If that's the only damage, it fits, and you like the fabric, then maybe try to get the tailoring cost covered. Unless you want a full refund and want to start over.

14. concealed

concealed Senior member

the damage on that canali is significant. third to last picture he clearly attempted to conceal armpit damage. seems like return policy honors returns, but I would ask for shipping both ways since he deliberately did not disclose that damage. he wouldnt go through the trouble of staging those pictures but then not look at the ripped armpits. BS.

15. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

There is a new kid running the parcel pick up van for the USPS in our town. I met him last Tuesday on my snow day. I was not really impressed with the way he handled my merchandise.

Fast forward.......

I was just outside smoking a stogie and found a package in the snow drift from Friday the 13th. It was a small white box and had gone unnoticed until the snow melted a bit today. GRRRRR. I take it he is not actually counting the outgoing packages like he should be.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  16. razl

razl Senior member

The first word that comes to mind is "photoshop" but you seem like you're asking a legit question. In that case, I'm at a loss for words. It's like a shawl collar but without the shawl.

17. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

It's a vest that grew arms!

18. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

I think that is a women's collarless blazer like this:

[​IMG]

19. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

20. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Two part question, how long after you quit smoking cigs, that you can smoke stogies without feeling tempted by nicotine? Because I love stogies, but have given them up since I quit smoking...Which has now been 5 weeks...damn that went by fast...feeling healthier.

And second, how the hell does he miss a package like that? THAT WOULD DRIVE ME CRAZY.