• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpecialK2k12

Reaction score
Is getting your buyers to give you feedback like pulling teeth for anyone else? Cause I'm super new to eBay and none of my buyers have left feedback, which is kinda killing me.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is getting your buyers to give you feedback like pulling teeth for anyone else? Cause I'm super new to eBay and none of my buyers have left feedback, which is kinda killing me.

Yes, I sold 15 items a few weeks ago and 4 people have left feedback. I am new to selling as well. At this rate I may pass 1000 feedback in time for the meteor to hit the earth in March 16, 2880.

Acme

Reaction score

Don't stress, it will come. I find that probably 60% of my buyers bother to leave feedback. Just keep selling and you'll get there.

sn0wman

Reaction score
I think I know why not many people use a full mannequin in their photos... It is quite a pain in the butt!

Took a few shots on it for the first time. After I took the shots, I noticed that a power line ran a shadow across the shots.. Other than that, any ideas for improvement?

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking from a purely personal perspective, I actually prefer to see a headless mannequin. It allows for the viewer to maybe imagine themselves in the garment more easily. Also, the pictures look like they've been taken from far away, and they seem too dark to me.

Nice jackets!

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't push feedback. I let it come in as it wills. You don't want to be too pushy and wind up with a negative.
+1 I bought a pair shoes recently and the buyer requested feedback if I was happy w/ my purchase. He did a "See pictures for details" and didn't take a picture of the worst parts. I wasn't going to leave feedback b/c I felt for what I paid, I got about what I expected, but now that he's asked and didn't respond when I replied, he's going to get a low score for description and communication.

Speaking from a purely personal perspective, I actually prefer to see a headless mannequin. It allows for the viewer to maybe imagine themselves in the garment more easily. Also, the pictures look like they've been taken from far away, and they seem too dark to me.

Nice jackets!
+1 Some mannequin heads are just creepy and can be distracting. I have an acquaintance who just started listing w/ a full body mannequin that has super long eye lashes and it just looks weird.

sn0wman

Reaction score
Hmm.. perhaps I can experiment with chopping off their heads (cropping) and seeing how distracting that is.. :)

Thanks for the thoughts!

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use that feedback manager thing. It boosted it quite a bit from like 25-20% to 60-80%

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have people who will personally send me an email stating how pleased they were with the transaction, but not leave feedback.

Stewie

Reaction score
Listing description suggestions? I'm stuck...probably cause I'm tired.

Vintage style DB collared tweed vest?

Also...this measures 22" across...so I should size it as a 42 or Large?

Last edited:

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I know why not many people use a full mannequin in their photos... It is quite a pain in the butt!

Took a few shots on it for the first time. After I took the shots, I noticed that a power line ran a shadow across the shots.. Other than that, any ideas for improvement?
I like them, they look dramatic. I'd be worried that it won't work with all items. Black background with a black suit can't be done.
I think for one time sales it's too much work unless you're only going to be selling really top tier items, or selling multiples.
I just got caught up on my backlog of 39 pants and 19 jackets, and that was a 14 hour day. Couldn't imagine if I had to put them on a mannequin.
Also, I love that seafoam green coat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads