• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JL3212

Reaction score
Quick update - just got off the phone with ebay customer service. Sort of good news: it isn't just my account, there are quite a few people having this problem. Apparently something got borked in the ebay servers around 1PM PDT. So if you are posting listings and your preview images aren't work, it's not just you.

Bad news: may take them 24 hours to get resolved.
ffffuuuu.gif

Which pisses me the heck off considering I stayed up quite a while last night working on auctions and am not feeling too great today as a result.

edit: wow, that is pretty widespread. I just did a search for Polo Ralph Lauren and looked at the most recently listed and I bet ebay is getting a lot of angry calls right now.

I have had trouble uploading my pictures for the last few hours. Some will load, some won't sometimes. Glad it's at least not something with my computer..

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The eBay rep said if she didn't leave neg feedback there's nothing they can do.

Lol, yeah, as if the laws of physics prevent them from doing anything. What a complete bullshit response from eBay.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Quick update - just got off the phone with ebay customer service.  Sort of good news: it isn't just my account, there are quite a few people having this problem.  Apparently something got borked in the ebay servers around 1PM PDT.  So if you are posting listings and your preview images aren't work, it's not just you.  

Bad news: may take them 24 hours to get resolved.  :fu:

Which pisses me the heck off considering I stayed up quite a while last night working on auctions and am not feeling too great today as a result.

edit: wow, that is pretty widespread.  I just did a search for Polo Ralph Lauren and looked at the most recently listed and I bet ebay is getting a lot of angry calls right now.

This happened to me once and was an absolute nightmare. They were unable to resolve the server and had to cancel all the auctions that did not have gallery pics in them. Messed up so much that week, was a real pain **********. I had products listed tied to piggyback other ones and some got canned.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

So....is it just a Garage sale thing or ebay in general? I'm preparing to roll out "Cover the World with Tweed 2013" tonight. Don't want any snags.

ebay in general. its their server, no matter how you list, they cant grab most of the gallery shots.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick update - just got off the phone with ebay customer service. Sort of good news: it isn't just my account, there are quite a few people having this problem. Apparently something got borked in the ebay servers around 1PM PDT. So if you are posting listings and your preview images aren't work, it's not just you.

ffffuuuu.gif

edit: wow, that is pretty widespread. I just did a search for Polo Ralph Lauren and looked at the most recently listed and I bet ebay is getting a lot of angry calls right now.

--- In [email protected],
>
> It is an Ebay error not Garagesale,
> The pictures do not show up if you list directly on the site.
> Regards
> ________________________________

> To: [email protected]
> Sent: Sunday, 22 September 2013, 21:46
> Subject: [GarageSale_Users] Complete auction images not appearing... no error given at time of uploading.
>
>
> Title pretty much says it all. I'm starting to have to go back and hand check every one of my auctions to see that the images are all actually there. This is a time KILLER. Occasionally I'll get lucky and see that the image servers were not available due to network error, but lots of times I get no error which is a real problem.
>
> Version 6.6.5 (525)
>
> Not seeing anything in system logs regarding eBay image servers like I used to.

Connorh

Reaction score
Can someone give me some advice if possible. I've been selling on ebay since June 16, 2009 but only recently have I really gotten into it. I have been thrifting quite a bit, and so far so good. Until now (see below). I only have 81 feedback although all are 100%. Can anyone give me any tips for getting this lifted? I really don't have a bunch of other stuff I want to sell, and now I'm stuck with a bunch of clothes!

"You can't complete this listing right now. See below for details.

Buyers have high expectations when purchasing brand name items on the site. To make sure sellers are able to meet these expectations, limits are sometimes placed on sellers' accounts.
You've reached your limit for the type of item you're trying to list, and you won't be able list any more of these for 30 days. However, you may still list other types of items. These restrictions apply to all sellers, so please don't feel that we're singling you out.
These restrictions will remain on your account until you’ve received 25 positive selling feedback and completed 90 days as an active seller in good standing."

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can someone give me some advice if possible. I've been selling on ebay since June 16, 2009 but only recently have I really gotten into it. I have been thrifting quite a bit, and so far so good. Until now (see below). I only have 81 feedback although all are 100%. Can anyone give me any tips for getting this lifted? I really don't have a bunch of other stuff I want to sell, and now I'm stuck with a bunch of clothes!

Buyers have high expectations when purchasing brand name items on the site. To make sure sellers are able to meet these expectations, limits are sometimes placed on sellers' accounts.
You've reached your limit for the type of item you're trying to list, and you won't be able list any more of these for 30 days. However, you may still list other types of items. These restrictions apply to all sellers, so please don't feel that we're singling you out.
These restrictions will remain on your account until you’ve received 25 positive selling feedback and completed 90 days as an active seller in good standing."

It's something everyone has to go through with listing certain name brands. You can try to call ebay and get the restriction lessened a bit. It will go away over time.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was there not too long ago. My restriction was lifted only very recently. I waited it out. Get every listing ready, put them in drafts, and when your limit is lifted get those posts up. I never tried calling or such, though. I think the 25 positive feedback has to be within the year.

I thinks it's eBays way of trying to make sure they don't get stiffed as well.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ffffuuuu.gif

I was having issues listing earlier today as well. It looks like all of my main pictures are showing up in my store except for one BB SC that shows up as doily!!!!
140.jpg

Connorh

Reaction score
Sounds good. Another member recommended I sell other items, and list some of them in slightly different categories which I will also do. Thanks guys!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics