Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I cant imagine it being different than the ones in NY? :confused:

2. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

^the only real tits are in the audience.

3. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Entirely different...unless you mean the old ones that used to be around Times Square, before Guiliani and Bloomberg Disney-fied it...in which case they're the same - like Billy's Topless if you had ever been in there. Low-key, more like a bar with naked chicks than a strip club. No obnoxious DJ's, no injected faces and obviously fake boobs (well, very few), no frat boys. I liked that in Portland they were fully nude, had a full alcohol, had gambling / video poker, and were the last places in Portland to ban indoor smoking (I'll smoke like a fiend when out drinking). It was like - one stop shopping for all your vices.

4. grendel

grendel Senior member

What are you talking about? That's a genuine Louis Vutton. [​IMG]

5. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Ahh. I see what you're driving at. And I totally agree. That dude's fingernails are TOTALLY distracting in that pic.

;)

6. grendel

grendel Senior member

Got my steamer today and steamed the Samuelsohn's... they look much better. Thanks for the recommendation!

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

8. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Snort! So true - I hated strip clubs before Portland. There was no point. I got burnt out and quit going; later someone tried to impress me with a lame-ass place in Las Vegas - $50 cover, $20 for a Heineken and the gals might take off their tops at best once they got a few hundred in tips. The hell - these patrons from South Dakota or something? OK, enough strip-club talk. This is the eBay forum, you know!

9. Sissy Spacerock

Sissy Spacerock Senior member

I've found that a good way to Expand My Business and to Build My Brand is to scour area obituaries for recently passed males. It's so simple to contact the grieving and ask if the deceased gentleman has left any fine clothing that may be resold. The elderly are often some of the most fervently religious folk, and it's a cinch to find high-quality church-grade suiting. 1-2-3 it'a snap, and you're helping out the family with funeral expenses and closet clearing to boot. It's not just the elderly though who may provide you with some great threads -- just the other day an area man laid his Ducati down on the outerbelt, and he left behind an absolute treasure trove of desirable high-end denim!

Now that's smart business.

I would also recommend joining OK Cupid for your area and trying to find guys who look like they might, well -- need a little help! It's easy to send along a message and let them know that you've got what it takes to go from geek to chic, from zero to hero, in a flash! The tools are all around you, guys, so get to selling! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012

10. Sissy Spacerock

Sissy Spacerock Senior member

Another great selling tactic is to use what I call the Scout Around Method.

No, I'm not talking about Webelos here. I'm talking about using your head -- now that's smart!

So the Scout Around Method is predicated on the fact that luxury goods across the web are frequently priced differently. If you're a good Scout, it's a snap to locate an undervalued item and to turn it around for big profits!

Let me show you an example.

High-end clothing website ioffer.com has this Dolce & Gabbana leather jacket for just $79:

[​IMG]

http://www.ioffer.com/i/dolce-gabbana-new-d-g-men-s-leather-jacket-487871696

A similar jacket is selling here on eBay for $595: http://www.ebay.com/itm/D-G-DOLCE-G...64?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item5d34e9ee58

And that's without the D&G logo even being on the breast pocket! So you've got to figure that's bare minimum $516 dollars right in your pocket. See if you can use the Scout Around Method to boost your own sales. That's what I call -- a no-brainer!

[​IMG]

11. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Sissy baby, you're back!! We had some great times back in the ole days !!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012

12. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

UH-OH!! Not sure what this guy thought he was buying, but I take it he was confused.

Dear weso0119,

you were wrong for what you did .... you put up a new picture and made me believe the suit looked like that,... but instead you sent me a OLD SUIT that if that picture was taken I would have only bet $5.. I am very upset, what you did is not what ebay is about, ebay is about sellers telling the truth and so buyers don't get screwed like this, shame on you for this, I am very unhappy.

- mikeb.716

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300773751596&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

13. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

BLOCKED LIST ASAP!! and he got it for a killer price also....

14. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

All ready done...of course. I know, I am totally blown away by his accusation.

15. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

Translation: "It doesn't fit because I have no f****** idea what my size is. Send me a refund including return postage."