Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

You can discount him...just have him pay the 120 and give him the discount of 20 via shipping or such

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013

2. stevent

stevent Senior member

I had something similar recently I couldn't discount purchase price and only could make shipping go to zero. Ended up refunding buyer after he overpaid

3. chiron

chiron Senior member

Sorry if this is a repost.

Great USPS news—especially for sellers using eBay Labels—free insurance, faster service, and more!

The United States Postal Service has made several recent changes to their Priority Mail[​IMG] and Express Mail[​IMG] shipping services—and it’s all good news for sellers!
    • Effective immediately, the delivery times for USPS Priority Mail service will be even faster: now just 1 to 3 business days—down from 2 to 3 business days—at no additional cost to you.
    • The Priority Mail logo has been updated across all Priority Mail shipping supplies. Until you need to reorder, you can continue to use all your old Priority Mail boxes.
    • All sellers who ship using any Priority Mail service will now automatically receive $50 worth of FREE insurance for their shipments. Plus, when you ship using these services via eBay Labels, FREE Delivery Confirmation[​IMG] is automatically uploaded to My eBay.
    • eBay Top Rated Sellers and Platinum and Titanium PowerSellers who use eBay Labels for Priority Mail services will now receive $100 worth of FREE insurance. This is in addition to the special USPS shipping discounts you already receive—up to 35%—because of your seller status! Plus, FREE Delivery Confirmation is uploaded to My eBay when you ship Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express through eBay Labels.
    • USPS Express Mail has been renamed Priority Mail Express[​IMG] and Express Mail International[​IMG] has been renamed Priority Mail Express International[​IMG]. Everything else about these services stays the same, including shipping times and rates. Your existing and Good ‘Til Cancelled listings will be updated with these new service names automatically, the new names will now appear in drop-down menus when you list, and again, you can still use all your old USPS shipping boxes.

Posted August 9th, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    - See more at: http://announcements.ebay.com/2013/...faster-service-and-more/#sthash.hmPzw3jP.dpuf

4. gringodaddy

gringodaddy Senior member

Just catching up with this thread. These are my banned buyers for the blacklist for either making insultingly low offers or non-payment.

aros5144, bobott74, hurlinator915, robertjburkeiii

5. Acme

Acme Well-Known Member

Anybody else notice that USPS reduced Priority Mail Regional Rate prices not too long ago? Nice to see prices go down a little, for a change.

6. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

1 to 3 days isn't necessarily faster than 2 to 3 days :rolleyes:

7. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

I don't think we blacklist people for low offers, just the non-payers. At least I don't, and if there have been people added to the list for this it would be nice to know. Can you elaborate on these users on their crime?

8. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013

9. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

I agree with what others have said about the blacklist.

But I do enjoy seeing the names here, its not like this thread moves super fast.
    I update my blacklist more often from this thread than copy & pasting the BL every few months.
    I dunno, maybe I should change my habits...

10. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

However there is an actual blacklist thread as well. Not that I care either way.

11. suited

suited Senior member

Just an FYI, if anyone accidentally drops an eBay package off without the label, may god be with you. I showed up at my local office (after first attempting to call them countless times over a 3-hour period with no success) and waited in line for 15 minutes only to leave with the incorrect phone number to what they call the "dead letter department." This lady wasn't even close in terms of telling me what I needed to do. After realizing I had the wrong number, I held for another 15 or 20 minutes on the usps 1-800 number, only to be giving another incorrect number. I call back again and finally get a working number. I've been on hold for 1 hour and 8 minutes and counting, and is a local number that only handles consumer affairs for a certain set of zip codes. It will be a miracle if I ever get this package back.

12. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Ummm, you realize a Police Swat team and the FBI have already surrounded your house while you have been given the intentional runaround.....right?

13. suited

suited Senior member

Ha, I'm surprised that they didn't just leave it at the post office when they realized it didn't have a label. What sucks is this was a $154 sale :(

14. stevent

stevent Senior member

Got an item not received case today and tracking just says notice left.

However in case buyer says:
    "Post office claims to have put notice at UPS store, but they deny and note left. USPS delivered to UPS store, but item was not delivered."

Any idea how to proceed?

Thanks in advance

15. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I don't fully understand what the buyer is trying to say. When was the notice supposedly left? And why would the USPS deliver to the UPS store instead of the residence? And if it is at the UPS store, why doesn't he go get it?