1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I give my repeat buyers discounts and partial refunds all the time. Plus ebay even has a rewards program application that lets me give regular customers a percentage back.

You can still do the end item with option to sell to the highest bidder. That's a real feature.

2. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

There are 10 ways to skin a cat and all work as long as you get the item sold, but yea, just do a partial refund after he pays or send an updated invoice. Both work.

Ref. the rewards program, I signed up for it. Its on my listings but now I can edit the percentage or max amount refunded per transaction. Wanted to do 2% or $10 max. You just access it though the ebay application area right?

3. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

That feeling when you finish auctions 24 hours early though....

UNF

5. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Had to google this. [​IMG]

6. JabbaTheSlut

JabbaTheSlut Well-Known Member

Is anybody here a Ray-Ban expert? I have a pair of vintage B&L wayfarers, black pearl(y?) arms and the top as well. I'd keep them and rock them like a mofo but the slant looks dumb as hell on my face, and an arm is broken off. So, I have a 2 part question.
    1. I want to sell these and hopefully make enough to get a pair of folding Clubmasters, so are they worth sending in to get repaired/cleaned up, or do they get sold as is?
    2. If the former, where would I send them?

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

8. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Congrats! Next stop.....one million feedback!
    [​IMG]

9. SpooPoker

only 15,000 till the next star color :plain:

10. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

But what about that one bit of negative feedback??? Hmm? Hmmmmm???

11. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

[​IMG]

12. Acme

Acme Well-Known Member

Congrats!

13. RockyTop

RockyTop Well-Known Member

Sold a Pendleton shirt that was in very good condition and listed as 'pre-owned' and tagged as L. Just got a message from the buyer saying it seems to be a little smaller than the other L Pendleton's they own, asked if it had been washed and that they have no use for it but since I don't accept returns they are awaiting my response.

Not sure what some people are expecting. A pre-owned item is not going to be new.

Anyway, I just replied that it was listed as pre-owned and had been washed. Said I was sorry they weren't satisfied but that I only accept returns if there was a mistake in my listing or item wasn't as described.

14. DandySF

DandySF Senior member

RockyTop - providing detailed measurements, rather than simply the labelled size, would prevent any surprise about the shirt's dimensions. Of course this is a learning for future transactions. If the buyer is going to provide negative feedback, then it's probably better to avoid that by offering some sort of accommodation, up to a full refund.

15. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Anyone else having issues with package tracking? Two packages I sent Tuesday to the correct addressees (printed right off ebay) are listing delivery back at my house. Could be returned to sender but I don't see them. Skrange.