1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Well-Known Member

Had an interesting feedback, it was a positive but "small problem: missing plastic collar tamers, otherwise great seller & condition". For a used BB shirt... Why would someone expect collar stays in a used shirt?

2. ScottW

ScottW Well-Known Member

^^^ Missing collar stays? How dare you sir?!?!
    I would venture to guess that most people who sell a significant number of dress shirts encounter it at some point. I weep for humanity that it should be necessary, but I explicitly state in the description that they aren't included.

3. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Well-Known Member

Good tip, I think I will add that to my template as well. The fact that it is necessary on the other hand.

[​IMG]

4. suited

suited Well-Known Member

I just sold a $450 item to someone with 91% positive feedback (129 total). I setup my automatic blocks a long time ago,and figured they would have prevented this, but I guess not. I hope this guy isn't a problem :/

5. capnwes

capnwes Well-Known Member

Yeah, the "max" settings are not really as "max" as I'd prefer either. Nothing there about receiving 12 negative feedbacks in the last year.

[​IMG]

6. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

After purchasing a jacket...

Umm... what?

2 people like this.
  7. capnwes

I think he is stuck inside the jacket and needs your help to get out. It is restricting his ability to create coherent sentences.

2 people like this.
  8. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Hasn't paid yet. I just meant "purchased" on ebay with BIN option. But yea, almost completely unintelligible.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  9. jebarne

jebarne Well-Known Member

I schedule mine. Use the create event , set a time and click the box. I had 20 load in under a minute at 7:30pm. Otherwise, It takes it a couple minutes.

1 person likes this.
  10. capnwes

Hmmm. Something must be different then. I scheduled mine too. 58 of them took 57 minutes.

I am on WiFi in my house, would it be better to do it via a wired connection?

11. Koala-T

Koala-T Well-Known Member

Right, but when you do this, you still have to click the start auction button, which takes time. But I may be doing it differently.

12. jebarne

I had 16 items scheduled at 7:30. 3:20 to post all 16.

13. sparrow

sparrow Well-Known Member

Should not matter unless weak signal

14. jebarne

There's a setting to check. You can specify that they load with an interval. It is set by default at 1 minute. Don't know if that's the issue.

15. concealed

concealed Well-Known Member

Look on the event tab, you might have it set to 1 minute intervals. Which I actually do reccomend so you can let buyers who my buy multiple items get into multiple bidding wars!

16. capnwes

They all listed at the same time, so no interval was set. I used to do that when I only did 10-20 listings a week, but with my normal 200 listing load, 3.5 hours is just too long of a finish window for me. I have a lot of regulars who show up at 10:20 for the last minute bidding. They know my schedule and I'd hate to change it too much on them.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  17. hbkshin

hbkshin Well-Known Member

I really can't wait till I get regulars..If ever.

1 person likes this.
  18. ScottW

ScottW Well-Known Member

How many of you Garage Sale peeps were previously using Turbo Lister and can offer direct comparison of upload speeds?
    Turbo Lister is slow as balls on Thursday nights. Items with 10 pics of 1600x1600 pixels each can take anywhere between 3 and 10 minutes to upload, but are most commonly in the 4-5 minute range per item. I know from speedtest.net that my ISP is slow for uploads but I'm inclined to believe the Thursday night slowness is an ebay problem, because the same items will only take 2-3 min each if uploaded during non-peak listing times. Is this about par for the course with Turbo Lister? Does Garage sale upload & host your pics on non-ebay servers?

19. Lirum

Lirum Well-Known Member

You're uploading 200 listings per week?

20. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dangit wes, I'm not supposed to laugh that much at work.