1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. marc roberto

marc roberto Senior member

Does a neutral feedback hurt your percentage? What does it do?

2. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

No, Feedback percentage is not affected by neutral feedback. It just stands out like a sore thumb against otherwise 100% positive reviews.

3. suited

suited Senior member

Someone messages me about a pair of vintage Air Jordan's:

This is the auction title:

**Original 1997** NIKE AIR JORDAN 13 BLACK/RED SZ 4Y - WOMEN'S SZ 5.5

I message him back and say "the size is in the auction title, item specifics, and photographs." He responds by saying:

I respond by telling him that they are a 4 youth, which is a 5.5 women's.

Later he asks:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  4. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

5. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

The correct answer is Men's size 4

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

7. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I wondered that too. Never found any definitive answer on that.

8. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

Alright, last question about this, I swear. I talked with another customer service person from eBay. She said that I would have to send a message to the buyer, explaining that I need to refund his money, cancel the transaction and then relist the item with an agreed upon BIN price. I sent him the message and he responded with something like, "I can send check", so I sent another message explaining it again. It's too bad eBay doesn't have some sort of liaison service for when there is a language barrier. I'm writing every message in English and then copying that into Google Translate and adding that too.

Anyway, I went to refund his money, but since it was through the GSP, I'm only able to refund the money that was transferred to my Paypal. When he accepts the cancelled transaction, will the rest of his shipping cost be refunded as well?

This is turning out to be a huge pain in the ass for an approximately $15 profit.

9. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

You should be able to refund him, then resend an invoice, at which point he can fix the address and repay. Shouldn't be any reason to do a totally new transaction.

10. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

That's what I was thinking at first. It seems like the easiest possible action, but resending an invoice isn't in my available "actions". Am I missing that?

11. Tweets

Tweets Senior member

Seems like maybe you have to go into order details and from there you can resend an invoice...I had to do one the other day and it took a while, but I did figure it out.

12. stevent

stevent Senior member

Another question regarding feedback, if buyer leaves negative feedback for customs charges, can eBay remove if listing states that customs / duties are buyer's responsibility and that items will not be marked down? Buyer messaged me asking for email so he can bill me :brick:

13. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

lol seems reasonable

brb sending bill to walmart headquarters to reimburse me for sales tax

14. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Customs charges are always the buyer's responsibility. It's his country after all that's charging him!

15. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Yes, feedback regarding customs charges is removable. Messages asking for email addresses are also against policy.

1 person likes this.
  16. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

X Post from Thrifting thread:

Hey guys,

I've taken a stab at creating a useful thread for everyone. I've been looking for a resource that has current brand labels, and couldn't find anything, so I decided to try to create one. Please add to it if you have more pictures, or suggestions. Totally open to compiling more and better information. Here you go. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/367407/current-classic-menswear-brand-labels

17. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

On the sage advice of @Evil Abed , I've decided to turn this into a private Google Doc. If you'd like access, please PM me with your email address, and I will grant you access.

18. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

19. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Yes. That one is focussed more on the makers, suit tags and such. This is focussed more on actual brand labels, and how the current ones look. So you can tell a recent Zegna from a 15 year old Zegna. I suppose there are people here who could do that form the maker labels as well, but I'm not one of them. At least not yet.

1 person likes this.
  20. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member