Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I always assume Paypal will screw people over :) But thats awesome, congrats. Not sure theyd want to roll over on $800 though. It was my understandimg that part of their TOS says you are liable for charge backs. Not the case?

2. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

My great deal on the Givenchy shirt is falling through. I got the following email (not through eBay).

Quote: I replied through eBay contact the seller:

Quote: What do you think, is this dude with 0 feedback gonna send me my shirt? [​IMG]

3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Nope. Neg and move on. He'll just make a new account and resell.

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Hes a SF member and didnt even contact you here first?

5. stevent

stevent Senior member

He signed up to message me I believe. What is your take? Just refund or fight it?

6. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

i think hes scamming you and will send back a box of rocks. you cant fight a snad just accept a return and pray its not a box of rocks, mean who ever heard of fake cleverley shoes??

7. eddievddr10

gotta love it! just sold a pairof rugby slippers to ANOTHER multi-billionaire, its really funny sometimes, :slayer: the other day sold a kiton pocket square to probably the most famous divorce lawyer (hes a regular customer)

8. stevent

stevent Senior member

Thanks will do that probably, he's also a banker which is why this whole thing seems so weird

9. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

10. eddievddr10

nope their fabulous homes :nodding:, this one is in the hamptons

11. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013

12. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

13. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

Wow, miss a couple days here and it's like the thrift thread trying to catch up.
    Wanted to follow up on the financing inventory comment, there have been some great posts about using CC to make actual purchases, moving money around, etc.
    1. I use the pay pal debit card for all my thrift/fun money purchases (thrift stores, online, ebay, taking fam out to eat)
    2. I get 1% back, in cash, every month from all my CC purchases with the PP debit card (all purchases made as a credit transaction qualify, which is all of them, just choose credit on the key pad when you are checking out), it goes directly into my PP account.
    3. I'm not using a CC to fund inventory. If this hobby ever gets to the point where I'm worrying about financing and stuff, I'm out. I turned my last hobby into a job 15 years ago, turned out well, but I don't need another job.
    4. I am self employed, so it's a matter of self discipline to not check ebay, check personal emails, play with paypal when I'm supposed to be working, setting the auctions as go/nogo is my way of achieving that.
    5. I'm self employed, and writing this at work. Because I can! [​IMG]<= I just TRY not to distract myself too much.

14. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah address checks out everything else does to which is why the whole thing makes zero sense.

And just noticed on PayPal when accepting the return,
    8/15/2013 10:57 PDT - Buyer: Hello,You told me these where real George Clevery Shoes, However I have had them looked at by a shoe store and was told these are fake, the material also does not feel up to par with other Crockett and Jones made shoes I have owned.I would like a refund.

If there is a cordovan better than Horween and a leather more unique than Russian calf I would really like to know.

15. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Maybe he's just an idiot. Or his shoe store really wants to sell him a pair of their shoes. Perhaps you could arrange for leathersoul guy to contact him? This at least sounds better than I initially assumed.