Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. concealed

concealed Senior member

1) pretty dangerous that you are financing your day to day purchasing of inventory with recently sold items on ebay.
    2) you should get an email letting you know you have received an offer, even if you don't have your phone set to vibrate through the app.

2. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

3. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

I've really been enjoying the PP DC. I suppose it's not much different than a CC, both can instantly update our outright perfectly.

+1 to the eBay app. I find myself using the app more than web version some days. My saved searches are easier to navigate and responding to offers is much easier to locate through the app than the web browser.

4. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Why? I always clear my balance out and then pay with a CC. Gives you an extra layer of protection, not that it's ever been an issue for me. Even if the money goes straight from paypal to bank account to paying down the car, no reason not to do it this way.

5. Brianpore

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013

6. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I only buy infrequently so haven't noticed. Doubt it will ever matter, but it'll be too late to fix it if something does go wrong :)

7. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah everything I buy is with credit card no matter what. 1-5% back, return protection, stolen item protection, fraud protection and more just for using the card. Pay off balance each month ( with extra 1-45 days to pay) and there really is no reason to use anything else

8. stevent

stevent Senior member

Just got my first claim opened against me today and am not sure what is going on. It is a SNAD and info is as follows:

It's for this pair, buyer sent message on eBay but then on styleforum and I sent him an invoice directly
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/349721/...ze-10-5d-uk-by-crockett-jones-handgrade/0_100

The case says
    Buyer reason(s):
    Substitute
    Copy of Original
    Imitation

Buyer didn't contact me whatsoever and just opened case and escalated to a claim immediately. I got this pair from Leather Soul a few months ago and never worn them as fit wasn't right. Do I upload the LeatherSoul info and receipt? What other things do I need to do as I'm not sure how the shoes I sold could be any of the things described (Buyer reason(s), Substitute, Copy of Original, Imitation)

Thanks guys!

9. Brianpore

The claim is through paypal I assume?

10. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

That's pretty fucked up. Definitely give paypal a call. You might want to take (force is possible) the return rather than fight the case though to be honest. Anyone that would fraudulenty file a SNAD for counterfeit would also fraudulently file a charge back with their CC company (really enjoying this protection now, eh?). Then you're really screwed...

11. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah through PayPal

And will give PayPal a call. If I take return how do I know shoes will be returned in same condition or is there no guarantee?

12. Brianpore

13. stevent

stevent Senior member

"Someone who knows shoes very well said this pair is not real and most likely a high end knock off."

edit: called PayPal and the guy mentioned that the buyer would have to provide proof that the item was fake. He also said I could have protection if shoes come back creased as my original listing said shoes were uncreased and photos showed this.

Thoughts on this? I don't mind taking the refund but I am a little annoyed as the item is clearly real and I have the receipts and could probably get Bryan at Leather Soul to confirm my purchase as well.

And one more question, if I do refund I'm out of the original shipping right? It's $55 so that's quite a bit as well

And lastly he's right by Leatherfoot, would it be reasonable to ask him to take it there to get verified as they stock Cleverley as well

14. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Yea you would be. He should be on the hook for return shipping though. Sucks dude. I havent had this issue yet though, so probably best if the more experienced guys help you out here.

15. concealed

concealed Senior member

Actually I got credit from Paypal on that chargeback a month or two back. SInce I shipped it to the correct registered address and all that jazz. You actually posted a "You're gonna get fucked" meme too :).