Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Never used it. It seemed too different than what I have been doing and I wasn't at a point where I had time to learn it or set it up. Give it a whirl and then tell us what it's all about. [​IMG]

I know someone here was using it.....Snoogs maybe?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013

2. marc roberto

marc roberto Senior member

Your point is true that a well worn suit should not be described as excellent condition. Some people think that as long as there are no holes then its excellent. Imagine what very good means by them. Just one small hole? I was actually checking out that suit myself while it was on auction and I did notice the shine on the ends of the cuffs in that picture and that set off warning bells. You should just keep in mind as a seller (you don't want to lose your business) that any returns when the seller doesn't officially accept them, even if he sends you garbage and lies to you etc., it counts as a strike on you by e-bays' side and if it happens too many times... suspended for life! No matter how right you are. So save it for the biggies. Although 85.00 isn't so little.

3. tben

tben Senior member

What do we consider expediting shipping? Purchased the item August 8th, was ok with the price of shipping due to the item being expedited, but I am pretty upset considering the item actually wasn't. We are both in the same state if that help btw. Is it ok to ask for partial refund if the item was sent anyway that isn't expedited. Sorry if that sounds convoluted.

4. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

For me (and i think ebay agrees) "expedited" would be Priority Mail 2-3 day delivery normally. Now if they offer Priority standard and then a more expensive "expedited" method then I would assume (ASS U ME) it would be "USPS Express Mail".

5. Brianpore

6. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

There's a huge market out there for fake robert talbott. Got to be careful.

7. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

8. hucklecat

hucklecat Senior member

I use turbo lister everyday.
    It is helpful, you can set up a generic template and then just change the description a bit. Very nice once you get the hang of it. Going on over a year and a couple of thousand listings. I save the listings in various headers so I know if I find another Kahala Hawaiian shirt I can list it quickly.

9. Tweets

Tweets Senior member

Just downloaded and tried a sample...is there any way to rotate pictures? I usually don't do a whole ton to my pictures other than rotate/crop, but I can't figure out anyway to do it.

Thanks

EDIT--figured it out, have to do it when uploading...i think I might try this for all my shoes, you can put them all in, give them an inventory number, and then upload to start them all at once

10. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Are BOC ties actually worth anything? I've had a couple that have festered on Ebay for months with no interest even at $10-15 BIN pricing.

I've redonated a couple...

11. Brianpore

Here is the ebay completed listing for pre-owned BOC ties.... I'll let you do the rest [​IMG]

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Ties-/15662..._Complete=1&_nkw=robert+talbott+best+of+class

Is my asking price high, yes, but its very hard to get a $50 offer then you are only asking $39 for it.....

12. JabbaTheSlut

JabbaTheSlut Well-Known Member

Only the gold label BOC and newer have sold decently for me. And even then only the thicker woven type, definitely not the horrible 90's patterns.

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Spoke to three different people and a supervisor - this is unfortunately not true.

14. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior member

For the big time Ebay flippers:

I've noticed some decent looking used bespoke suits lately...however, the prices are absolutely ridiculous. We're talking over 4 digits...however, I've noticed that the same sellers also use the "Or best offer" option.

Would it be downright rude to make a 100-200$ offer on a used bespoke suit going for BIN 1000$ or offer? I mean, sure, it's probably a good suit, but then again it's bespoke made for someone else.

Ar these guys just putting out high BIN prices so that hopefully some guy will bid half or even 1/3, or are they really expecting those prices?
    I noticed that one regular "flipper" had bought a used bespoke suit for 50$, and now trying to turn it for 600$...it's been there for months.

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Brianpore with the mathematics in 3...2...1...