• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

goatamous II

Reaction score
I've had that happen on Poshmark as well, though caught it before the item was shipped

Hit with a similar response: "I'm selling them for this cheap and you thought they were real?"

Some people like to just blame the buyers

LaundryRoom

Reaction score
I blocked this guy. Can't see any good coming from continuing to sell to him.

user.jpg

Sold him a Burberry polo shirt, no issues.

Got neutral feedback today. Checked his "feedback left for others", to find this...

FB.jpg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a guy do something similar years ago. When asked, he said that only a handful of sellers deserved positive feedback, and that I had done nothing to warrant positive feedback, even though my service was fine. I got that one reversed due to the tone of his message, but that was long before AI.

FPB

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck calling eBay lately? They have made it next to impossible to get ahold of them on the phone. I've got another scumbag claiming a SNAD/defective item (the loophole which basically means an automatic return) on an item that was 100% brand new in every way. I'm f'ing sick of people exploiting this.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck calling eBay lately? They have made it next to impossible to get ahold of them on the phone. I've got another scumbag claiming a SNAD/defective item (the loophole which basically means an automatic return) on an item that was 100% brand new in every way. I'm f'ing sick of people exploiting this.
Start with automated chat, then type agent, it will give you an option to have them call you.

eddyroxx

Reaction score

Sartoriamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Geez! I expect a bunch of you got this too . . . I'd have to shop 99 thousand thrifts and have 100 staff, lol . . . (current listings: $50K). :rotflmao:
Ten mill.jpg

FPB

Reaction score
Buyer returned my watch and scratched the lugs messing with the strap. Also, he removed the strap and left the watch to bang around inside the box unsecured during shipping (it's a mechanical chronograph). I chatted with a rep and they said the buyer won't get a refund. I feel a bit bad for the buyer (no watch, $700 gone). Should I just refund him?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Geez! I expect a bunch of you got this too . . . I'd have to shop 99 thousand thrifts and have 100 staff, lol . . . (current listings: $50K). :rotflmao:
View attachment 2203055
I called several years ago because I couldn't find the page that showed my limits, which everyone else seemed to have, and the rep told me I had a rare "no limit" account. She said she had only ever heard rumors of them and mine was the first she had ever seen.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buyer returned my watch and scratched the lugs messing with the strap. Also, he removed the strap and left the watch to bang around inside the box unsecured during shipping (it's a mechanical chronograph). I chatted with a rep and they said the buyer won't get a refund. I feel a bit bad for the buyer (no watch, $700 gone). Should I just refund him?
I would subtract the damage from the return if you do. What was the reason for the return?

FPB

Reaction score
I would subtract the damage from the return if you do. What was the reason for the return?
He claimed it was defective (which it wasn't). He also said the watch was too big for him. So eBay let him send it back. It's hard to quantify the damage though; the case is made of forged carbon and it's not really fixable. In other words, it can't be polished out (like if it were steel).

goatamous II

Reaction score
AITA if i say no to refunding him?
You sent him a brand new item and he damaged it
You won't be able to recover the costs, so no reason you should be out due to his negligence

If you insist on sending him a refund, I would put it back for sale as new with damage. Then whatever proceeds you get from that sale, less all fees + something for your time, would be the MAX I would refund.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donmy257