Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

If you're still within ebays allowable time (and i believe you ate), I'd say a return is fair game. Are you claiming that it's not as described?

2. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

I think I might have to. I wanted to avoid that by asking for a simple refund (I included the pictures I took), but might have to go with the "not as described" route unfortunately. Partly my fault or not looking sooner (obviously would pay return shipping due to the timing) but the suit is in worse shape then the pictures even show. No way I could wear it or realistically even resell it.

I hope I don't get added to the black list for this [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

It's not clear from your post and I'd say it makes a difference: is it actually not as described or not as you expected? If the former I see nothing wrong with filing a legitimate case and returning it.

4. Tweets

Tweets Senior member

Anyone know how far out I can schedule a listing off the top of your head? I've got some time this week, and some winter things I didnt want to list for another month or so.

Thanks

5. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Two weeks. But you can change it. Set it for two weeks, go in on day 13 and push your selected ones back two more weeks.

If you use turblow lister (free) or garage sale (mac) you just release when you are ready.

6. Brianpore

Well IMO, and it's just MO, if you dont describe excess wear that would hinder someone from wearing said item then that is not as described. I assumed I would receive a decent pre-owned suit like I sell myself to 100's of people [​IMG] If any of us sold this item without saying there was horrible shine from bad drycleaning, etc 9/10 it would be returned.

7. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Link? Omission of detail becomes a gray area. Why didnt you ask the seller if you were so concerned or were unsure? No snarl, just playing devil's (seller's!) advocate.

8. Brianpore

GIANLUCA ISAIA NAPOLI MADE IN ITALY SUIT SZ 36 S PANTS 30 - Linked again.

Stated as "Excellent Pre-owned." and obviously not excellent. The pictures he took show no issues and he is a reputable guy who sells a ton of clothing. 9/10 I just resell the item but this one is so bad I can't even resell it which is the problem. I am the last person to make a fuss out of stuff as I know how it is being the seller.

To be honest, very bummed this had any problems. Its a cool looking suit and it fits great (hence why I bought it)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Doesn't display right on my phone, but if he said excellent, I'd say thats the kiss of death. File the claim :) Hope you keep separate buying amd selling accounts. I do just to prevent any possible retaliaton if something does go wrong.

10. Tweets

Tweets Senior member

Not sure why I have never looked into TurboLister...I'm starting on listing 220-230 similar items this weekend, is it pretty helpful if all i need to change from one to the next is pictures, brand, size etc...keeping the format the same?

11. Brianpore

Nah, I try to be extremely fair all around and have received multiple items that were not in condition I would wear that I just resell myself. I have very very few issues. The big issue is that I didnt look this thing over till just now.... stupid on my part otherwise I could have just sent it back no questions asked[​IMG]

It was the first time I've bought them but would not buy from them again. They are a BIG reseller/consignor and I think I should stick with buying from SF or from smaller sellers who go into more details about the items and care what they are selling.

Def. respect your guys opinions and hate to do it, but this thing is just a crappy used up suit represented incorrectly. Stupid on my part for not looking closer sooner though. Lesson learned.

12. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Kind of like those sneakers I bought from big time reseller with split sole (literally split in half) that had "light wear on sole". No way, they wemt right back. I saw he relisted them as damaged for more money... lol.

13. Brianpore

Yea...

Already opened case.... refund accepted upon delivery. Shipping it back tomorrow. Too bad as finding 36S suits is impossible.

I'll leave the guy positive feedback for helping me out and being understanding with the return.. No reason not to.

14. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

I told the rep to send me an email where I can schedule a phone time. My schedule is so hard to predict when I can set aside 20min. Work, Baby, Wife, New House, Rental House..you never know when you can have 20min alone to get something done!

15. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Light bulb goes off - I see now - totally different boxes / prices / options on eBay shipping. Thanks dudes!