Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

98% scares me already tbh, but I may be over paranoid...aside from that, I would not do a trade through eBay, and personally ONLY to people I'm comfortable with.

2. almosthandsome

almosthandsome Senior member

Thanks for the sound advice, guys. Seller seems newer though at the point where he should know better. Coat is as described and I'm getting it dry cleaned anyway so wrinkles don't bug me. Will probably email him some friendly advice for his future shipments, and skip the feedback.

3. dexconstruct

dexconstruct Senior member

Just as eloquent as his message:

NOT A HONEST EBAYER! ..WHATCH IT!

4. hucklecat

hucklecat Senior member

For shirts I like the padded flat rate envelopes. Envelopes are free from the USPS and cost to ship is $5.70 for regular accounts. After cleaning and measuring all my shirts get labeled and go into a poly bag. Easy to simply slide the shirt into the bag and ship. Sometimes 2 shirts can fit in padded envelope.

[​IMG]

5. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

I also enjoy using the padded flat rate. I've used them for ties, shirts, dress trousers, socks, and cufflinks.

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

Had a seller charge me $11.25 for a shirt with USPS priority, send for $3 for first class. First time I've complained about shipping costs to a seller before. In refund she said ebay takes $10 a transaction, almost left a neutral but just gave a low rating for shipping costs

7. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Who cares what the ebay fee is, that's her fee not yours. She delivered using a shipping product other than the one you paid for. She should at the very least refund the difference.

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Its my understanding that they can only remove a feedback in which they say IN the feedback something thats not true - like being used or something. Doesnt sound like that happened here, so how did you get it removed?

9. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I think ebay is pushing for buyers to try to work it out before they can leave neg feedback. It seems here like they did not even contact him in advance.

10. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

True, but the statement he left has nothing that I can see which would be removable under their terms...

11. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Oh, then I'm doing that already. I weight the item in a box and see if it's more economical to use a plain priority mail box, or a flat-rate priority mail box. It's almost always cheaper to go plain unless it's a thick tweed or something. But yeah I have both types of boxes on hand and go the cheapest. I didn't for a while and was losing $3 or $4 per box until I discovered plain old priority was usually cheaper than flat-rate and the box was virtually the same size.

Are you saying that the seller is not a(n) honest eBayer, and the feedback did not contain any untruths? Or, since it may be considered "opinion" as opposed to "fact", it's allowed...and following that, I could leave feedback that says "I bet he's the kind of guy who frequents strip clubs" and since that's my opinion, it's allowed?

12. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Flat Rate Regional A will be cheaper still than the standard priority. About $1-$3 cheaper on average.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013

13. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Still not the same thing like Wes said. Regional Rate A2

14. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

15. stevent

stevent Senior member

Any way to disable global shipping entirely from your account? Each new item I list seems to reselect check box that says I'm willing to do it