• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Getting hit with a VERO is like winning the lottery in reverse. Everyone selling on eBay is holding a ticket, your numbers got picked.
I would not do anything.
However, the domain is registered by:

• Organization: BRUNELLO CUCINELLI
  • Mailing Address: FL, US

However, this means nothing. I would ask for proof of affiliation with the BC Company and tell them, the item was sourced from a reputable/licensed seller.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Guy wants to return a $800 jacket for "item doesn't fit". I don't take returns. Can ebay force a return on me? Can I get away with denying this request?

View attachment 1796567
He can always change to SNAD and you have to take a return.
However, $800 is $800. If he wore the item, you could deduct 50%, though.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, that's right... It was the bicycle return debacle I remember. The Sealskinz I think you mentioned some returns on them. Either way, my small store has thus far managed to avoid the dreaded VERO monster. Fortunately, I don't have to be as careful on FB Marketplace.
I would not do anything.
However, the domain is registered by:

• Organization: BRUNELLO CUCINELLI
  • Mailing Address: FL, US

However, this means nothing. I would ask for proof of affiliation with the BC Company and tell them, the item was sourced from a reputable/licensed seller.

And definitely point out that under the law, you have the right to resell goods regardless of affiliation with the company.

But then, it might be better to ignore it.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He can always change to SNAD and you have to take a return.
However, $800 is $800. If he wore the item, you could deduct 50%, though.

If he does that, the original return request can be used as evidence of buyer’s remorse, since he first opened a claim for the item not fitting.

LaundryRoom

Reaction score
A new, 0-feedback user purchased some boots from me. I shipped them out.

Buyer messages me today: "I don't know why my package has been returned".

Sure enough, USPS is in the process of returning the boots to me.

A quick Google Maps check of his address shows:

Screenshot 2022-05-27 160538.jpg

Looks like his mailing address is an empty lot.

Assuming I receive the boots back, but he still wants them, what is the correct fix? Won't he have to pay again for shipping?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A new, 0-feedback user purchased some boots from me. I shipped them out.

Buyer messages me today: "I don't know why my package has been returned".

Sure enough, USPS is in the process of returning the boots to me.

A quick Google Maps check of his address shows:

View attachment 1796825

Looks like his mailing address is an empty lot.

Assuming I receive the boots back, but he still wants them, what is the correct fix? Won't he have to pay again for shipping?

Yes, you’ll need to charge him for shipping. A way to do this to reduce the risk of a scam on his part is to refund the sale less shipping. Then relist and have him purchase again.

LaundryRoom

Reaction score
Yes, you’ll need to charge him for shipping. A way to do this to reduce the risk of a scam on his part is to refund the sale less shipping. Then relist and have him purchase again.

I replied to him and explained that his address appears to be an empty lot, and that he needs to provide a valid mailing address.

He responded with:

Screenshot 2.jpg

Ummm, okay, good to know. I'll look for the Neon next week when I'm driving by. :brick:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replied to him and explained that his address appears to be an empty lot, and that he needs to provide a valid mailing address.

He responded with:

View attachment 1796833

Ummm, okay, good to know. I'll look for the Neon next week when I'm driving by. :brick:

I’d probably just refund (less shipping) and block when it gets back to you.

Last edited:

madeinbogota

Reaction score
Guy wants to return a $800 jacket for "item doesn't fit". I don't take returns. Can ebay force a return on me? Can I get away with denying this request?

View attachment 1796567
AFAIK if there's an option for you to deny the request, eBay can't force the return, although he could in theory open up a claim/chargeback through the credit card company.

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AFAIK if there's an option for you to deny the request, eBay can't force the return, although he could in theory open up a claim/chargeback through the credit card company.

Yeah, I got bold a couple of months ago when I straight up denied a couple of return requests for reasons of it. And both times the buyers never contacted me again or pursued it further. But they were in the $150 range. This is a different beast, and I don't know the potential consequences.

LaundryRoom

Reaction score
I’d probably just refund (less shipping) and block when it gets back to you.

One for the block list:

Pedro.jpg

Guy has a non-existent address. USPS attempted to deliver, then returned to sender.

I messaged him, and told him that I would refund him once the boots get back to me. He says okay, but he'll fix his address and buy them again once I re-list them.

This morning, he opened a dispute by filing a chargeback. Late this afternoon the boots arrived back to me.

Weirdly enough, I don't believe it's a scam attempt. I think that he honestly is trying to buy the boots, he just has no idea how to do it. Either way, BBL.

Last edited:

madeinbogota

Reaction score
Are anyone's else listings down in views significantly since a change was implemented a few weeks ago regarding how they calculate views? I'm getting pennies on the dollar compared to the amount of traffic my listings used to get.

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but I don't think it's something to worry about because the previous metric included bot and other artificial traffic, so even if you saw larger numbers previously it probably didn't convert to sales. I guess $ sales is the only number worth caring about, and this being summer I'm expecting it to go down a bit anyway.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any way to have your selling privileges reinstated after a certain amount of time?

Mine were revoked after refusing to humor scammers and not realizing there was a penalty for letting cases close on their own. (That way, I at least made people wait thirty or so days to steal from me — hopefully causing them some amount of discomfort).

Unfortunately, I mostly buy and sell one brand of clothing, and it does much better on eBay than Grailed, for some reason.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics