• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

wumpyfish

Reaction score
Tomorrow is the last day to move to a managed account , so I capitulated this morning and seeing ones real name and info after 20 plus years of some anonymity is going to take some getting use to. Twenty minutes later first sale and its this newbie and he did not buy either an old dog or cow...

1621450686815.png

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've switched to managed international shipping too, ebay has fixed the old GSP, idgaf where it goes, ebay covers you, and it's cheaper this time(for me and the buyer as far as I can tell), so game on. Note- no more than 2 international a month lately, so very low volume seller response.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, GSP all the way. When a package has been lost in transit/customs for an international buyer, eBay covered it. I realize it sucks for the buyer to pay more, but it just covers things on my end.

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this has already come up but I’ve started getting this shit in the app telling me ‘UK Shoe Size’ is required when the listing already has this. Is this is a glitch?

2FB22EF4-3780-4D8E-95F4-F6162B7A4631.jpeg

D501D954-CDD2-42AC-841B-45C00D29F659.jpeg

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the blacklist:

cozycozy12

bought $500 item, never paid. Sent him a message a few days later and he says he isn't paying because it's too expensive. I figure he needn't trouble the rest of you anymore either.

haloitsme

Reaction score
another one for for the blocked list:

inynosegb-0

Item NAD, and the reason: much tighter fit than expected
And why is that NAD?

dukenukem4ever

Reaction score
Anyone know about DHL Deutsche Post shipping from Germany to USA situation? I bought a pair of shoes from Germany on April 09 and the last update was April 13 stating that it is going to be handed off to USPS in Frankfurt IPZ. When I checked USPS tracking it still states awaiting origin preparing shipment. Paid 50 EUR for damn shipping too. To this day there has been no shipping update. Anyone have data points on similar situations? Im willing to wait 60 days but afterwards I’ll have to file through eBay that I never received the item. Seller has been very proactive with contacting DHL for me and even offered to refund me some money for the long wait but I declined.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Anyone know about DHL Deutsche Post shipping from Germany to USA situation? I bought a pair of shoes from Germany on April 09 and the last update was April 13 stating that it is going to be handed off to USPS in Frankfurt IPZ. When I checked USPS tracking it still states awaiting origin preparing shipment. Paid 50 EUR for damn shipping too. To this day there has been no shipping update. Anyone have data points on similar situations? Im willing to wait 60 days but afterwards I’ll have to file through eBay that I never received the item. Seller has been very proactive with contacting DHL for me and even offered to refund me some money for the long wait but I declined.
Sometimes takes very long for being scanned in again. Sometimes it sites at customs and gets scanned it after inspection.
I had a similar one, no tracking for 3 weeks, all of a sudden it was on the usps track for delivery.

Have you gotten usps tracking code yet?

dukenukem4ever

Reaction score
Sometimes takes very long for being scanned in again. Sometimes it sites at customs and gets scanned it after inspection.
I had a similar one, no tracking for 3 weeks, all of a sudden it was on the usps track for delivery.

Have you gotten usps tracking code yet?
The USPS tracking code is the same as the Deutsche Post DHL one. Starts with CY and ends in DE.

haloitsme

Reaction score
The USPS tracking code is the same as the Deutsche Post DHL one. Starts with CY and ends in DE.
Usually you get an usps one, when Usps tracks it once, you can put the code in the usps tracking site, maybe the second one is already their.
CY .... DE normal codes, DE = Germany

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.