• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's one for your block lists... This dude won an auction on Sunday. On Wednesday, he asked for more information. I responded with the requested information. Today (Thursday), he asked for more information without specifying what he was after. When I asked him to clarify, this was his response:

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 4.21.52 PM.png

Last edited:

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More block list material: kali_831

Bids on an auction item and messages asking if they can buy it now for more. I said sure, retracted their bid and added best offer option. They offered. I accepted. They paid and almost immediately sent a cancellation request saying they found it for a better price. Then has the nerve to message me asking if they'll get refunded tonight.

haloitsme

Reaction score
More block list material: kali_831

Bids on an auction item and messages asking if they can buy it now for more. I said sure, retracted their bid and added best offer option. They offered. I accepted. They paid and almost immediately sent a cancellation request saying they found it for a better price. Then has the nerve to message me asking if they'll get refunded tonight.
JUST say already shipped.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buyer opened item not received case. It’s been in customs for over a month. What do i do? I really can’t be out $100 and the item
D7F6A0DF-0163-4246-BC19-55CBD92B3E30.png

haloitsme

Reaction score
Buyer opened item not received case. It’s been in customs for over a month. What do i do? I really can’t be out $100 and the item
View attachment 1612029
had the same issue, it sucks.
I shipped to Saudi Arabia, 3 months in customs, the buyer has not bothered and waited.

Once I shipped to Mexico, same as yours, I refunded and when arrived the customer sent me the money back. eBay sucks in this regard, so is PP. That's why I stopped using post and just ship FedEx, DHL, UPS.

Ps. is this DHL express? You can phone them, and get the items through easiliy.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1612029
What did you ship? I personally block Brazilian buyers from purchasing since shipping used goods into the country is prohibited. If it was secondhand, perhaps it got confiscated.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1612029
You're screwed, I'm about ready to turn off international shipping because ebay lets them open a case and there's nothing you can do even if you tell them its still in customs.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What did you ship? I personally block Brazilian buyers from purchasing since shipping used goods into the country is prohibited. If it was secondhand, perhaps it got confiscated.
Used sunglasses. Not sure how they were even able to buy since i dodnt Have international shipping turned on. I lost $380 on another item that went to France when the buyer didn’t pick up his item after they tried twice to deliver.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're screwed, I'm about ready to turn off international shipping because ebay lets them open a case and there's nothing you can do even if you tell them its still in customs.
I didnt Even have it turned on, not sure how they were even able to purchase. Going to do the same, lost so much money recently on international purchases

MrUsedThreads

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I didnt Even have it turned on, not sure how they were even able to purchase. Going to do the same, lost so much money recently on international purchases
For this exact reason we’ve started to use UPS for all international shipping. Often with signature confirmation. They never fail. USPS is a complete joke.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did that a few years ago and haven't looked back. The only foreign countries that I will ship to are Canada and Japan. I know that there are some very reasonable countries out there with reliable postal systems. But, limiting my international exposure has greatly reduced my number of shipping headaches.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

• Red

• Gold

• All of the Above

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.