• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rhz5001

Reaction score
I’m a little stumped on this one. Old? Fake? Old fake?

4693D7A6-808A-464E-B1CD-E3ECFB25043B.jpeg
BB8EE60E-A306-41AD-88F3-598FE6BF85FE.jpeg
55EE595F-CFFD-4169-A4AA-F8A5AE04C288.jpeg
4693D7A6-808A-464E-B1CD-E3ECFB25043B.jpeg
BB8EE60E-A306-41AD-88F3-598FE6BF85FE.jpeg
55EE595F-CFFD-4169-A4AA-F8A5AE04C288.jpeg

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Block if you want. I screwed up here and switch labels on two packages. Neither was big $$ so I thought about just refunding both so I didn't have to pay for return shipping, but I could tell from the first message this guy was going to be a dick. I have nothing to lose here since he's already going to leave negative feedback and the most I'm out is a refund. I think ignoring his message will just piss him off more, so that's what I'll do.
1619897371460.png

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a dick. I had one guy send the stuff back on his own accord, wouldn't take anything for shipping and was super nice about the whole thing. I just refunded both shipments. Worst thing was, I switched his with an international shipment, so it took months to get it back. To be clear, the US guy was the nice one, though the UK guy didn't make a big deal of it either, but he got his stuff much quicker.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every single time. Actually, FB marketplace is the worst for this for me. On the rare occasion someone actually has read the description I almost want to just give them the item for free out of gratitude.

Block if you want. I screwed up here and switch labels on two packages. Neither was big $$ so I thought about just refunding both so I didn't have to pay for return shipping, but I could tell from the first message this guy was going to be a dick. I have nothing to lose here since he's already going to leave negative feedback and the most I'm out is a refund. I think ignoring his message will just piss him off more, so that's what I'll do.
View attachment 1602884

That looks awfully like feedback extortion to me. You should be able to get rid of it once they leave it.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this address? The buyer says it's correct but both USPS and FedEx don't like it and won't allow me to print a label.
1620093136599.png

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this address? The buyer says it's correct but both USPS and FedEx don't like it and won't allow me to print a label.
View attachment 1604189
Google the abbreviations. I did That and it is saying the format is wrong and there are specific places for each abbreviation in the shipping fields.
Super confusing. Might be easier to contact the buyer and confirm the address

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1604189
Thanks to those who reached out. I went in and just put a space before and after each slash mark on the top(street) line and that seemed to take car of it.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are being forced into managed payments in the U.K. at the end of May. Does anyone know whether you have to change the payment preferences for existing listings, or do they change automatically?

vestbash

Reaction score
We are being forced into managed payments in the U.K. at the end of May. Does anyone know whether you have to change the payment preferences for existing listings, or do they change automatically?

The listings change over to managed payments automatically.

haloitsme

Reaction score
One Q about managed payments.
When you live in Europe and I sell to US buyer in $, can I tell eBay just send me the money in $ as we have bank accounts wich accepts all currencies and does not convert it to €. So we could wait for better rates and/or pay in $ directly again without losing x amount after switching currencies.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
About half of my eBay purchases so far this year have come from Luxeswap, and they’ve all been winners. My three favourite pieces of clothing right now are a Valstar field jacket and pants from Billy Reid and Valentini, all three of them Luxe.

The only problem is that the auctions end at around 4AM on a Monday morning in my time zone, so I start each week sleep deprived :p
You need a sniping engine. I have used www.esnipe.com for 20 years. That sniping engine built my entire wardrobe in the early aughts. You can sleep soundly, knowing your bid is being taken care of. YMMV, of course. I use it less now that there are so few actual auctions, but I used it just the other week (and won!). Well worth the 25¢ per bid.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Has anyone a steamer in possession that they use to prepare items for pics / shipment? Any recommendation?
There are lots of steamers out there now, but I think you'll find that most of us use Jiffy steamers. Built like tanks and will last for decades, unlike the cheap plastic ones in big box stores (that still work fine, but lack durability). Expect to pay $20-70. I have a couple of J-2s and a J-4000. All thrifted or off Craigslist at around $20 each. The other great benefit of Jiffy products is that they keep a full parts inventory, so in the unlikely event that you break something, you can fix it. The part I usually break on the J-2 is the little plastic valve that stops the water running out when you invert the water tank on to the steamer. But they're only a few bucks and the steamer works fine without it. You can tell when you call Jiffy that you're talking to the gal who's been there for 50 years and has seen it all . . . great company.

Window

Reaction score
One to block: sartoriallyatlantan

Has a Suitsupply expressed out to him for a wedding last weekend. Return request opened today. Seriously considering canceling any orders that mention any kind of imminent gathering, "problem with buyer's address, of course". Feedback be damned.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads