• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, wth, what are you selling that rakes in over $100k per year?

I need to get on this :(

rhz5001

Reaction score
SS # does not need to be attached to your buying account. Although if you need to get your tax exempt cert then yes, they'll have your tax ID/SSN.

You attracted attention from Linda's team because they figured out you're a reseller. If you used a dedicated buying account, you would most likely not attracted the same sort of scrutiny over the opened cases. Having multiple ebay accounts is not against ebay's TOS and its very useful to have multiple accounts to protect yourself.

Yes I know ss isn’t necessarily. I just mentioned multiple possibilities how they connect accounts....

Yes. I know multiple acccounts aren’t. My point was if one would get banned they all could get flagged.

You’re guessing that’s what got their attention but who really knows.

Unless there are dedicated ip’s, names, shipping addresses why would multiple accounts matter? Possibly if someone from eBay feels like as a seller I’m trying to take advantage of another seller but that’s all a guessing game again.

rhz5001

Reaction score
Also, wth, what are you selling that rakes in over $100k per year?

I need to get on this :(

99% clothes. Mostly used. I’m a one man operation. If I had an employee I could maybe expand but I seem to top out around 2400-2600 items. That’s where it seems like my “carrying capacity” is. I’m really fast with listing and shipping.

div25sec9

Reaction score
On the topic of returns, I just got this message

Hello I just received my item, but before I requested a refund, I thought it might be better to request a partial refund instead. You neglected to mention and include a picture of the Holt Renfrew label, which, as I'm sure you know, means it was made for a department store rather than Canali's main stores, which often times means lower quality. That being said, considering it came from Canada and would cost a decent amount to ship it back, I think a partial refund of 20 CAD (or 15 USD) would be reasonable. If not, then I can simply request a return and send it on its way back.

Even though I accept returns, but he's basically saying he's going to open a SNAD and make me pay for return shipping. He's right, it will be more than $20
Added factor: he bought a suit that I forgot I had. It was thrifted 2 years ago and I had to make sure I didn't re-donate it and forget to take down the listing.

In the end I don't see how I don't just give in. So even with returns, there are still ****** buyers.

Please post the username! I need to block this guy ASAP. He obviously knows a loophole to find a non-existent flaw on items and knows how costly an out-of-country return is and is exploiting both.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A1E082E9-CF5A-44AD-BD02-8225D92F3555.jpeg

Uhm...on the subject of personal info, what is this!

It looks like they may be forcing me into “managed” “payments” — but why?

It’s saying this is my only choice and I have to do all this before I can get paid. :(

Should I create a separate buying account while I can?

haloitsme

Reaction score
Recommendations for a thermal printer? I bought a Rollo and I'm about to send it back after spending hours trying to get it to work. That includes two calls to Rollo support. It will only print one label at a time, sometimes prints the same label twice, prints a label and then runs blank labels through the printer, prints 1/4 size labels... all kinds of weird BS.

Any quick tips on how to get this to work? Another brand works for you? I want to buy a group of labels and then print them in a batch like I have always done with my laser printer.
HOW many labels / day?
Zebra is the best, but brother also ok.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HOW many labels / day?
Zebra is the best, but brother also ok.

10 - 20 on average. Yours allows you to batch print off ebay without using another program?

haloitsme

Reaction score
10 - 20 on average. Yours allows you to batch print off ebay without using another program?
We have a software connected with Fedex / dhl express and local post and get addresses through a csv file.
Regarding ebay, why shouldn’t it work? Get a zebra gkd420 or similar used. Those are the best.
ql1110nwb brother new and you can print wirelessly.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think I should just ignore anyone who requests local pick-up. Guy requests it, so I oblige and send an invoice with shipping removed. The guy then asks if I can meet someone convenient for him, even though he said he would pick up. He's now agreed to pick up but wants to try the item before he's even paid. I just offered to cancel all together if he's not willing to pay first. There's a reason I don't bother with FB Marketplace and the like and this is it.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I listed an item last night on eBay and it sold within a few hours. The seller has already paid.

I later received a message from eBay that I apparently violated one of their rules with my listing. They removed the listing.

What am I supposed to do?
Since it was already paid for, do I still ship it? Or will eBay somehow withhold or return their payment?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I listed an item last night on eBay and it sold within a few hours. The seller has already paid.

I later received a message from eBay that I apparently violated one of their rules with my listing. They removed the listing.

What am I supposed to do?
Since it was already paid for, do I still ship it? Or will eBay somehow withhold or return their payment?

Listing violations aren’t normally applied retroactively. You should ship, unless the violation notice says otherwise.

What was the violation?

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think I should just ignore anyone who requests local pick-up. Guy requests it, so I oblige and send an invoice with shipping removed. The guy then asks if I can meet someone convenient for him, even though he said he would pick up. He's now agreed to pick up but wants to try the item before he's even paid. I just offered to cancel all together if he's not willing to pay first. There's a reason I don't bother with FB Marketplace and the like and this is it.

I'm beginning to think I should just ignore anyone who requests local pick-up..any weird **** (local pick up, invoice on a listed item, more pictures, special shipping, special packaging, obscure measurements, predictions of whether an item will fit him, goofy pictures.

fixt.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think I should just ignore anyone who requests local pick-up..any weird **** (local pick up, invoice on a listed item, more pictures, special shipping, special packaging, obscure measurements, predictions of whether an item will fit him, goofy pictures.

fixt.
Not too long ago, I had a FB Marketplace customer ask me the length of the aglets on a pair of AE shoes. That was a new one on me.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not too long ago, I had a FB Marketplace customer ask me the length of the aglets on a pair of AE shoes. That was a new one on me.

Now that the sort of pain ********** attention to detail that just screams, “PROBLEM BUYER!!!”

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads