• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. Here is the Kiton listing that I was talking about from sartoriale_it: I think you’ll be able to tell what’s wrong if you look at all the pictures for a few minutes:

Anyway, I think people shouldn’t get so offended when asked whether an item is legitimate or not, seeing that counterfeiters are becoming increasingly sophisticated. What’s to stop a counterfeiter from writing “100% Authentic”? Brunelovestheocean magically has every negative feedback that states he’s selling fakes removed from eBay. Are buyers supposed to take whatever a seller states at face value? Lol
Maybe it's because I haven't had any coffee yet or just that I've only handled a few pieces of Kiton tailoring myself, but I don't see what gives it away as a fake. Any chance you could share?

rwtc

Reaction score
Maybe it's because I haven't had any coffee yet or just that I've only handled a few pieces of Kiton tailoring myself, but I don't see what gives it away as a fake. Any chance you could share?

Take a look at pictures 6 and 7 very carefully

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ohhhh. It's the ebay link preview that's tripping me up. I was looking at the "We found something similar" listing because the link shows the details for that one instead. Sorry about that!

Rafael Tompoulis

Reaction score
Okay, surely the fabric tags seem a bit sketchy. But how can a so called fake KITON coat have handmade buttonholes and collar as this one? ??
EDIT: As a disclaimer, I am looking at an ended auction of a charcoal grey vicuña KITON coat

rwtc

Reaction score
Okay, surely the fabric tags seem a bit sketchy. But how can a so called fake KITON coat have handmade buttonholes and collar as this one? ??

How could a real Kiton coat have fake tags an subpar handmade buttonholes unseen on any other Kiton? Are you serious

Rafael Tompoulis

Reaction score
How could a real Kiton coat have fake tags an subpar handmade buttonholes unseen on any other Kiton? Are you serious
I totally agree with you, do not take it personally. I am just wondering how can it be a fake of such high quality, I mean, the coat itself has a lot of handwork..

rwtc

Reaction score
I totally agree with you, do not take it personally. I am just wondering how can it be a fake of such high quality, I mean, the coat itself has a lot of handwork..

This is what I meant by counterfeiters going the extra mile to make it convincing. Cost of labour is very low in parts of Europe, presumably that’s where they’re sourcing it. And the profit will offset any cost, since they list it as vicuña. Their fur trimmed coats have defects (you see holes) in the fur, which means it’s low quality. I’ll keep to myself what gave it away for those coats, but when you have a fake vicuña selling for thousands, they can certainly hire a tailor to do some fake stitching at the collar. Realistically the garment is probably fused or made of some hack job construction in the interior

Last edited:

Rafael Tompoulis

Reaction score
This is what I meant by counterfeiters going the extra mile to make it convincing. Cost of labour is very low in parts of Europe, presumably that’s where they’re souring it. And the profit will offset any cost, since they list it as vicuña. Their fur trimmed coats have defects (you see holes) in the fur, which means it’s low quality. I’ll keep to myself what gave it away for those coats, but when you have a fake vicuña selling for thousands, they can certainly hire a tailor to do some fake stitching at the collar. Realistically the garment is probably fused or made of some hack job construction in the interior
Understood. Thanks for the insight and explanation!

rwtc

Reaction score
Understood. Thanks for the insight and explanation!

Sorry if I came across as peeved, but it really made me angry to see people literally counterfeited the most expensive item I listed along with intricate details of the coat. Not easy to convey tone on the internet, so it’s all good.

eddiegreen

Reaction score
Has anyone tried for a PayPal working capital After changing to managed payments? Or tried for a ebay equivalent?

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Took me a while to get back here, but . . .
1606062954534.png

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone been having trouble with USPS tracking lately? My post office is usually really good, but lately I'll get nothing showing for like 2 days after I ship it and then it will just magically all update and show like the past 2 days worth of tracking or it just shows up as delivered with no tracking until the delivery scan.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone been having trouble with USPS tracking lately? My post office is usually really good, but lately I'll get nothing showing for like 2 days after I ship it and then it will just magically all update and show like the past 2 days worth of tracking or it just shows up as delivered with no tracking until the delivery scan.
Same. I'll have packages in the same shipment where one is just fine and another shows nothing. I saw this about a month or so ago and only realized it when I started getting questions about when I was going to ship items that had gone out several days prior. Fortunately, I haven't heard of any that didn't eventually arrive.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I generally wait in line for the scan just so that it will show up at least as far as "USPS in possession...", but I don't know whether that affects the later updating. I have noticed this on inbound packages though. Everything inbound to me right now is late, and most of it shows little or no tracking over the last 3-4 days. One is international and came DHL--it shows as delivered, which isn't true, so I'm hoping it was delivered to the Post Office for last mile delivery. Short answer, yes, USPS tracking, as well as actually getting it there, has been lagging for me lately.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finally filed a complaint online, got a call Saturday I have to return Monday. I love my postal workers and I try to be as nice as I can be, I've done pickups at the house, drop offs at the bulk dock and both have had the same issues. I told them I hate to have to come inside and stand there and make them scan as I usually have between 30-75 packages a day and thats a lot to haul in and stand and make them scan but I will if it doesn't get better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads