• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've actually heard rumors there is an increase in chargebacks with managed payments due to more CC transactions, and also the nondescript transaction naming between ebay and the CC. By the time people get their bill, they forgot all about the tie they bought a month ago. Then, when all they see is something like "eBay O*07-05963-10744 San Jose CA" on their bill, rather than something like "NWOT Donald Trump Silk Necktie", they dispute it.

Last edited:

div25sec9

Reaction score
I've actually heard rumors there is an increase in chargebacks with managed payments due to more CC transactions, and also the nondescript transaction naming between ebay and the CC. By the time people get their bill, they forgot all about the tie they bought a month ago. Then, when all they see is something like "eBay O*07-05963-10744 San Jose CA" on their bill, rather than something like "NWOT Donald Trump Silk Necktie", they dispute it.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much then :) I figured that with ebay handling it all, they would be able to quickly deny these claims with proof of the purchase.

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20201113-152105_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

:lol:

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another for your blocked bidder list:

coopaloop18

asked an endless stream of questions, won the auction, didn;t pay.

rwtc

Reaction score
We need a blacklist for sellers. Is there one already? Several guys with counterfeit crap have 100% positive feedback (with quite a few sales). Looking at what has sold recently (high-end men's wear), there's a lot of fake garbage passing to (presumably) unsuspecting buyers. I'm slowly starting to pick up on what's fake and what isn't, but I'm assuming most people have no idea.

These guys are both selling fakes:
legendary_stuff
brucelovestheocean

eBay unfortunately does not care. I’ve both written reports and called them about them at one time, but seeing as they’re still up, I’m not going to bother.

I find brucelovestheocean especially interesting because he was selling a horrible counterfeit of a coat that I was selling. Seems like they go to existing listings and copy the general shape of the garment.

Recently, a very sophisticated fake seller appeared by the name of: sartoriale_it

A few items appear to be authentic, while I find most are not. I am guessing the fellow is either mixing real & fake products together to trick people, or some of the counterfeits are to a point that I cannot differentiate anymore unfortunately. Fakes being sold by this seller are very convincing to the untrained eye, and I think most people would be fooled by it. I think even people who own the product might get tricked if they’re not careful.

I think this guy also ripped off one of my listings and copied the hand attached collar as well as the buttons for Kiton coats. You heard that right - counterfeiters are now utilizing handwork. But if any prospective buyer pays attention, the (removed because I don’t want the fakes to get better, in case they look at the forums) are fake and ### other parts of the coat is off ###. Leaves a very poor taste in my mouth.

This fellow also lists fake Stefano Ricci and Brioni.... some of the coats have real mink fur lapels, but the fur is low quality and have defects. I’ve never seen fakes with this much effort invested into it, but I guess it works for the counterfeiter because this person’s listings are being sold in the multiple thousands as the material is frequently listed as vicuña, which is just so unfortunate for honest sellers of the highest end men’s clothing.

Last edited:

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve had 4 chargebacks so far after being forced into managed payments a few months ago, i only had a total of one for all of 2019

FENWAY

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and block redsocks15 the 'return king' of the UK. Defect for wrong shade of beige will cost me the original shipping to KY, $90 GSP to UK and another $90 for return. Also refuses to print out a shipping label and insists I arrange for a courier to pick it up.

Stewie

Reaction score
Has anyone sold golf clubs, like a single putter or maybe a driver? Trying to figure out if it's worth the shipping costs and how the heck to box up - got a few sets of Pings that seam to have some decent resale...

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone sold golf clubs, like a single putter or maybe a driver? Trying to figure out if it's worth the shipping costs and how the heck to box up - got a few sets of Pings that seam to have some decent resale...

You should be able to find boxes in the range of 6” by 6” by whatever length you need. I sold some softball bats for my brother recently. I ordered some shipping tubes off Amazon for that. Pretty painless, really.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I use those triangular USPS Shipping tubes 1098 for clubs and rods. They ship at priority rate. You may need to frankenbox two of them together for longer drivers. But the boxes are free.

Last edited:

FPB

Reaction score
eBay unfortunately does not care. I’ve both written reports and called them about them at one time, but seeing as they’re still up, I’m not going to bother.

I find brucelovestheocean especially interesting because he was selling a horrible counterfeit of a coat that I was selling. Seems like they go to existing listings and copy the general shape of the garment.

Recently, a very sophisticated fake seller appeared by the name of: sartoriale_it

A few items appear to be authentic, while I find most are not. I am guessing the fellow is either mixing real & fake products together to trick people, or some of the counterfeits are to a point that I cannot differentiate anymore unfortunately. Fakes being sold by this seller are very convincing to the untrained eye, and I think most people would be fooled by it. I think even people who own the product might get tricked if they’re not careful.

I think this guy also ripped off one of my listings and copied the hand attached collar as well as the buttons for Kiton coats. You heard that right - counterfeiters are now utilizing handwork. But if any prospective buyer pays attention, the (removed because I don’t want the fakes to get better, in case they look at the forums) are fake and ### other parts of the coat is off ###. Leaves a very poor taste in my mouth.

This fellow also lists fake Stefano Ricci and Brioni.... some of the coats have real mink fur lapels, but the fur is low quality and have defects. I’ve never seen fakes with this much effort invested into it, but I guess it works for the counterfeiter because this person’s listings are being sold in the multiple thousands as the material is frequently listed as vicuña, which is just so unfortunate for honest sellers of the highest end men’s clothing.

Thanks for the warning; I've seen stuff from sartoriale_it and I assumed it was all real. That said, I've seen photos of some fake watches and they look dead-on accurate vs. the real deal. You'd need a loupe and a trained eye to spot the fakes. Point being people will put a lot of effort into faking things and we should not be surprised it's happening in men's wear.

It really is frustrating that ebay is turning a blind eye to counterfeit goods. Obviously I have no sympathy for people who intentionally buy counterfeit items, but the garbage on ebay is being presented as genuine.

rwtc

Reaction score
Thanks for the warning; I've seen stuff from sartoriale_it and I assumed it was all real. That said, I've seen photos of some fake watches and they look dead-on accurate vs. the real deal. You'd need a loupe and a trained eye to spot the fakes. Point being people will put a lot of effort into faking things and we should not be surprised it's happening in men's wear.

It really is frustrating that ebay is turning a blind eye to counterfeit goods. Obviously I have no sympathy for people who intentionally buy counterfeit items, but the garbage on ebay is being presented as genuine.

I agree. Here is the Kiton listing that I was talking about from sartoriale_it: I think you’ll be able to tell what’s wrong if you look at all the pictures for a few minutes:

Anyway, I think people shouldn’t get so offended when asked whether an item is legitimate or not, seeing that counterfeiters are becoming increasingly sophisticated. What’s to stop a counterfeiter from writing “100% Authentic”? Brunelovestheocean magically has every negative feedback that states he’s selling fakes removed from eBay. Are buyers supposed to take whatever a seller states at face value? Lol

Kalec

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, have Brioni or Kiton ever moved their production line to Russia or Ukraine since I found that many cheap high-end menswears on ebay come from these regions.

rwtc

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, have Brioni or Kiton ever moved their production line to Russia or Ukraine since I found that many cheap high-end menswears on ebay come from these regions.

A lot of the time stuff out of Ukraine, Turkey, and Russia are fake, but it is definitely seller dependent, as I have seen authentic items being sold from those regions. Sometimes one would see a bunch of Kiton and Brioni leather jackets coming out Turkey - those are all fake. These jackets also get moved to the US get sold by a North American seller as well unfortunately.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads