• Styleforum is going on Instagram Live today with Eva Kuhle of Epaulet

Today, Peter talks to Eva Kuhle of Epaulet, a long time Styleforum member and sponsor, in the latest episode in our ongoing series of conversations about COVID-19 and the impact the global pandemic on the menswear industry

Tune in at 4:00 p.m. PDT

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
a. that is a bullshit general statement
b. they explain nothing what they are doing to protect sellers who cant ship/etc
c. still no email

My local restaurant chain with .0005% of the revenue ebay does sends me daily updates but ebay who i make 7 figures for a year for a decade and a half cant even tell me in an email whats up.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone else find it weird that I/we have got Coronavirus updates from basically every company on the planet besides eBay?
Yep, especially since they’re located in one of the hot spots. All they need to do is suspend negative marks for things like slow handling and tracking uploads. It’s that simple.

If they were feeling generous, waiving store fees if you don’t have x amount of sales in a month would be nice.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yep, especially since they’re located in one of the hot spots. All they need to do is suspend negative marks for things like slow handling and tracking uploads. It’s that simple.

If they were feeling generous, waiving store fees if you don’t have x amount of sales in a month would be nice.
Thats pretty much what I'm reading, did the link not work? Though, deferring fees certainly isn't waiving.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thats pretty much what I'm reading, did the link not work? Though, deferring fees certainly isn't waiving.
It’s says if there are service disruptions. I’m reading as if USPS shuts down. What if someone gets sick and can’t/shouldn’t ship stuff?

Edit: Why can’t EBay just show the latest up dates in the app??

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It’s says if there are service disruptions. I’m reading as if USPS shuts down. What if someone gets sick and can’t/shouldn’t ship stuff?
Maybe it linked something different somehow.

What I'm seeing is that they are not penalizing sellers for performance, ship time, tracking issues for the next evaluation period and that they are now deferring most selling fees.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe it linked something different somehow.

What I'm seeing is that they are not penalizing sellers for performance, ship time, tracking issues for the next evaluation period and that they are now deferring most selling fees.
No, I assumed that your link was the same update from the home screen on the app, which is already read.

It’s a good start. Hopefully they just apply that without forcing us to call.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No, I assumed that your link was the same update from the home screen on the app, which is already read.

It’s a good start. Hopefully they just apply that without forcing us to call.

You cant call, phone support has been down for a week (also would have been nice to let us know that)

carreragt7

Reaction score
I have a large subwoofer that’s been auto relisted a few times. It sells the other day, but when the guy pays it shows free shipping. On my end it shows buyer pays.
Go to call CS to figure out what the hell is going on and see that email is the only option... aggravating. Guy wants to “wait and see” what eBay CS will do. I’ve already let him know I’m not footing the $100-150 shipping that UPS quotes me.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a large subwoofer that’s been auto relisted a few times. It sells the other day, but when the guy pays it shows free shipping. On my end it shows buyer pays.
Go to call CS to figure out what the hell is going on and see that email is the only option... aggravating. Guy wants to “wait and see” what eBay CS will do. I’ve already let him know I’m not footing the $100-150 shipping that UPS quotes me.
Dude that shit happened to me twice on large items this month! What the fuck

carreragt7

Reaction score
Dude that shit happened to me twice on large items this month! What the fuck
It pisses me off. Because I know for a fact that I had the dimensions and weight, ups ground, etc all chosen and it magically changed. But when I go back and look at the old listings it says free shipping. I’m not that daft nor am I sleep deprived enough to be willing to foot the shipping on something this large. I have a screenshot after purchase showing the page saying “buyer pays” but it’s kind of hard to get a resolution from eBay right now and I’m sure I’ll just end up having to cancel the transaction and hope the dude doesn’t try to retaliate with negative feedback.

notdos

Reaction score
It pisses me off. Because I know for a fact that I had the dimensions and weight, ups ground, etc all chosen and it magically changed. But when I go back and look at the old listings it says free shipping. I’m not that daft nor am I sleep deprived enough to be willing to foot the shipping on something this large. I have a screenshot after purchase showing the page saying “buyer pays” but it’s kind of hard to get a resolution from eBay right now and I’m sure I’ll just end up having to cancel the transaction and hope the dude doesn’t try to retaliate with negative feedback.
I wonder if it happens when an item goes unsold and auto-relists ?

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had that happen to me a few times. On his mobile device (It's always on a mobile device) he send me a screen shot that says "Free Shipping." It's a glitch in the system. eBay will 100% side with you (if you could call them). Plus, in my case, they sent one buyer a warning who persisted in trying to get free shipping from me on a particular item.

KotaB

Reaction score
When I try to create a shipping label on my phone it asks me to put in package dimensions. After I do it gives "were soory there was an error creating shipping label". Any desktop I used in the past didnt care about package dimensions. Why is that?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You cant call, phone support has been down for a week (also would have been nice to let us know that)
Third announcement down on the page, from the 18th. Came out about an hour after I discovered they were not answering calls. There's an announcement section on the main seller hub page. You may need to activate the section in the customization settings. I can't recall, but I think it's default location is at the bottom of the page, though you can move it wherever you want.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.