• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you wait on the chargeback until after I'm back from Mexico? :-D

Shoot, and I'm over here thinking it was someone at the last company I ordered from, which was one I hadn't ordered from before (Cutlery & More).

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Meet and greet with executives? lol. What planet are these people on? Am I the only one who doesn't give a flying **** about meeting and greeting with ebay executives?

If I need a question answered I will just call and listen to a CS rep from Manila read her script.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Meet and greet with executives? lol. What planet are these people on? Am I the only one who doesn't give a flying **** about meeting and greeting with ebay executives?

If I need a question answered I will just call and listen to a CS rep from Manila read her script.
Maybe you can negotiate better FVF for your merchandise ;)

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can negotiate better FVF for your merchandise ;)

That sounds like a plan. If you win will you put in a good word for me?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
HELP! AND WHY?!

Update to my first PayPal case saga:

A couple weeks ago, a buyer opened a PayPal claim for SNAD. I note his conspicuous deception in my PayPal response, but agree to a refund if the jeans are returned. He leaves me scathing feedback on eBay. I hear nothing from him for two weeks. Then he messages saying PayPal didn’t notify him of my message, and he asks for my address, as he threw it away. I don’t respond. Three days later, the PayPal case automatically closes; no one escalated it to a claim.

Today, seven days after the case closes, I receive the jeans in the mail.

What would you do? I can’t keep them, because I’m not dishonest. But...sending them back will cost me another $8 and I fear he’ll claim to someone that he sent them and hasn’t received a refund. :-/

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HELP! AND WHY?!

Update to my first PayPal case saga:

A couple weeks ago, a buyer opened a PayPal claim for SNAD. I note his conspicuous deception in my PayPal response, but agree to a refund if the jeans are returned. He leaves me scathing feedback on eBay. I hear nothing from him for two weeks. Then he messages saying PayPal didn’t notify him of my message, and he asks for my address, as he threw it away. I don’t respond. Three days later, the PayPal case automatically closes; no one escalated it to a claim.

Today, seven days after the case closes, I receive the jeans in the mail.

What would you do? I can’t keep them, because I’m not dishonest. But...sending them back will cost me another $8 and I fear he’ll claim to someone that he sent them and hasn’t received a refund. :-/

I would frankly ignore him and not send them back. Did eBay remove the feedback?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They did remove it.

I’m just not sure what I’m obligated to do here. He’s clearly expecting a refund, just seems like a total dick move when he timed out of his own bogus PayPal claim.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They did remove it.

I’m just not sure what I’m obligated to do here. He’s clearly expecting a refund, just seems like a total dick move when he timed out of his own bogus PayPal claim.

He claimed to have destroyed the item. I’d definitely let him take the loss. Then I’d wait a few months (I’ve waited a year in similar circumstances) and relist the item.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, no...he said he threw away my address, not the item.

Ah, did you open the return package? If not, you could return it to sender.

I certainly wouldn’t contact him through eBay. You could send a message via email stating that you cannot accept the return and need $8 to ship the item back to him.

People who don’t play by the rules piss me off, I’d still be inclined to ignore him.

Flashbang

Reaction score
Anyone else get this offer to cap final value fees at $10 For Dec 5-9?

Only applies to listings created in the period. Not to relisted items. Good thing (for eBay) I got all my expensive things already up. :(

Got a buyer lined up for an Attolini cardigan and leather jacket, think I’ll get in trouble if I remove the listings and list them as a bundled item? It wouldn’t technically be against the terms of the offer, right? Right??

Anyway look out for the email, could be useful for some of you folks.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok folks, I need a ruling. This buyer sent a relatively reasonable offer on a suit (I’d be inclined to counter about halfway between his offer and my asking, but it wasn’t lowball). Earlier he asked about the trouser waist measurement and room to let out, even though both are in the description. The trousers will barely fit, if they do, but I pointed him to the measurements and to a web site detailing how to measure. I don’t want to deal with a return because they don’t fit. And “kindly” seems like a rip off coming from a US based buyer. Would you counter (assuming you were the type of seller who ordinarily did counter), or would you let this negotiation end?
B45649FF-E38E-4B4E-8338-55DB9BD8F807.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads