• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have you all seen Ebay's new contest? Am I the only one who would rather get the first prize rather than the grand prize? I might be jaded since I lived the first 39 years of my life within running distance of Ebay's headquarters.

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 5.59.07 PM.png

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I actually sent a thumbs down comment asking if we can win a RETURN trip to Ebay headquarters if we have never been there before, or if that prize is reserved to people who have already been there.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why so cheap? Those typically sell much higher.
Its really only the red ones that get good prices. It’s also possible that the luster is fading. Gosh, I wonder why...

bert9000

Reaction score
Is there any way to set up shipping to Hong Kong but not China? USPS offers delcon for First Class with Hong Kong, but not with China.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ loosely translated.
Sales and production and installation of all types of sandwich panels for walls, ceilings and refrigerators using the latest and latest production and technology of the world Production of sandwich panels with polyurethane foam, xps and polystyrene in conventional and fire-resistant grades at affordable prices and Cheap without a hitch in the Middle East

Seems spammy, but I do love a good sandwich.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sandwich Story....

About 15 years ago, when we first bought our house (a knocker-downer which we mistakenly thought was a fixer-upper), the kitchen walls were a light greenish yellow. My wife, GF at the time, wanted to paint the walls "Cherry Cobbler" which was a very dark red. Having been a commercial painter at some point, I knew how much work it was going to be covering such a light color with that dark color so I bravely put my foot down in protest.

One night, a couple weeks before we made the 4 hour move with all our thrifted possessions, in a moment of ganja induced weakness, I agreed to paint the kitchen whichever color she wanted....on one condition. She had to go downstairs and make me the perfect sandwich, to my exact, strict specifications (I'm kinda picky when it comes to sandwich construction.) She brought me the most marvelous creation ever compiled on marbled rye bread, and the battle was over.

The week before we moved in, I applied 3 coats of gray primer to cover the light yellow, and 4 coats of Cherry Cobbler to cover the gray primer. It's a rather large kitchen and was quite a project as I had suspected, but the finished project wasn't too bad.

About two years later we built our garage and mudroom, which eliminated all the natural light in the room. Despite the addition of some sky-lighting, the kitchen became quite dark and gloomy. She went to the paint store and picked out some samples. Her selection ended up being "Minced Ginger", a sort-of light greenish yellow color. 7 coats of primer and paint later (without a sandwich, if I might add), the kitchen was literally within a shade or two from the original color. SMH.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quickest sale ever (about five minutes), and at a decent price. I've never sold one of these for more than $80 until now... :slayer:

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 8.30.48 AM.png

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
'Tis the season for credit card fraud... There were two completed transactions, one pending one, and one that had been rejected by US Bank. It's a fortunate thing that I logged in to check if my new statement balance was up yet...

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 8.52.57 AM.png

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 279 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 132 15.7%