• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you all seen Ebay's new contest? Am I the only one who would rather get the first prize rather than the grand prize? I might be jaded since I lived the first 39 years of my life within running distance of Ebay's headquarters.

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 5.59.07 PM.png

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I actually sent a thumbs down comment asking if we can win a RETURN trip to Ebay headquarters if we have never been there before, or if that prize is reserved to people who have already been there.

bert9000

Reaction score
Is there any way to set up shipping to Hong Kong but not China? USPS offers delcon for First Class with Hong Kong, but not with China.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ loosely translated.
Sales and production and installation of all types of sandwich panels for walls, ceilings and refrigerators using the latest and latest production and technology of the world Production of sandwich panels with polyurethane foam, xps and polystyrene in conventional and fire-resistant grades at affordable prices and Cheap without a hitch in the Middle East

Seems spammy, but I do love a good sandwich.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sandwich Story....

About 15 years ago, when we first bought our house (a knocker-downer which we mistakenly thought was a fixer-upper), the kitchen walls were a light greenish yellow. My wife, GF at the time, wanted to paint the walls "Cherry Cobbler" which was a very dark red. Having been a commercial painter at some point, I knew how much work it was going to be covering such a light color with that dark color so I bravely put my foot down in protest.

One night, a couple weeks before we made the 4 hour move with all our thrifted possessions, in a moment of ganja induced weakness, I agreed to paint the kitchen whichever color she wanted....on one condition. She had to go downstairs and make me the perfect sandwich, to my exact, strict specifications (I'm kinda picky when it comes to sandwich construction.) She brought me the most marvelous creation ever compiled on marbled rye bread, and the battle was over.

The week before we moved in, I applied 3 coats of gray primer to cover the light yellow, and 4 coats of Cherry Cobbler to cover the gray primer. It's a rather large kitchen and was quite a project as I had suspected, but the finished project wasn't too bad.

About two years later we built our garage and mudroom, which eliminated all the natural light in the room. Despite the addition of some sky-lighting, the kitchen became quite dark and gloomy. She went to the paint store and picked out some samples. Her selection ended up being "Minced Ginger", a sort-of light greenish yellow color. 7 coats of primer and paint later (without a sandwich, if I might add), the kitchen was literally within a shade or two from the original color. SMH.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'Tis the season for credit card fraud... There were two completed transactions, one pending one, and one that had been rejected by US Bank. It's a fortunate thing that I logged in to check if my new statement balance was up yet...

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 8.52.57 AM.png

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
'Tis the season for credit card fraud... There were two completed transactions, one pending one, and one that had been rejected by US Bank. It's a fortunate thing that I logged in to check if my new statement balance was up yet...

View attachment 1292718

Can you wait on the chargeback until after I'm back from Mexico? :-D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads