• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

noob in 89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unpaid item case was already on its second day, just trying to see if they maybe just maybe were still planning on paying
Still don’t understand why automatic payment isn’t required for eBay or Grailed. I mean, you have to do it online anyway...? :confused:

I think Poshmark has it right. If an offer’s accepted, you just get an email — Congrats, you bought it!

noob in 89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really lazy about leaving feedback even though I know I should. I think what stops me is the requirement to leave a comment. They're always just so inane, I can't fucking stand them. Just let us click a thumbs up and move on.
eBay fills it in for you now. (It’s either the last positive comment you left, or a generic one). You don’t even have to write anything. Just click the button!

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still don’t understand why automatic payment isn’t required for eBay or Grailed. I mean, you have to do it online anyway...? :confused:

I think Poshmark has it right. If an offer’s accepted, you just get an email — Congrats, you bought it!
Yea that shit still doesn’t make sense, they should make yku pay as soon as the deal is done, i clikd See allowing 24 hours for an auction to pay but that it. 7 days is too long

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I meant the disparity between views and watchers.
I think I know what is going on. When you scroll down through the list of the items, it's possible to click on the watch button without opening that item so it does not count as a view even though the user clicked on the watch icon. That's probably what is going on.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I know what is going on. When you scroll down through the list of the items, it's possible to click on the watch button without opening that item so it does not count as a view even though the user clicked on the watch icon. That's probably what is going on.
I’ve accidentally done that a lot ever since the put the big heart icon on the front on mobile listings

madeinbogota

Reaction score
One for the block list. Said it was delivered never received, instructed him to contact his postmaster and local mail lady. Immediately opens a case on ebay for INR. Closed in my favor. Now threatening paypal/chargebacks.

View attachment 1291695
That's the Poshmark reseller mentioned by someone a few weeks ago. Some of these people are just unbelievable.

noob in 89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the Poshmark reseller mentioned by someone a few weeks ago. Some of these people are just unbelievable.
What kind of bad stuff was he up to again? I couldn’t find that user name on Poshmark.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is why I don't send messages like this. I'll send a follow up invoice, give them a day and then open the unpaid item case. I'll occasionally have people request to cancel after the case is but tell them it can only be closed with receipt of payment. At a minimum, I want these morons to dinged with the unpaid case so it might weed them out for others.
How long do you wait before you open the Unpaid Item case, just out of interest.

noob in 89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol, that *is* clothesgamesmisc. I mentioned in the thrift thread I’d seen him make a funny comment on Poshmark.

madeinbogota

Reaction score
Well now I'm just really confused and haven't had caffeine in like four hours so this is really hurtin the brain 🤕

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This is one of the things managed payments is supposed to fix when it fully rolls out next year.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.8%
  • 31 - 40