• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hm, tried chrome, safari, edge and phone, just in case it was a browser issue. might be regional.
It's definitely happened to me in the past, but lately has been ok. Here, I'm typically ok. We live in a very small town and the postmaster told me I am their #1 shipper, so they stop here with or without a scheduled pickup. They even call me directly on postal holidays to see if I want any packages picked up. I never do, but it's nice.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah leaving feedback is something that I wish eBay did a better job of forcing buyers to do. I like Poshmark's system and how they require you to rate the seller & give you an option to leave feedback as well. I think that would really help a lot of us out in terms of providing more credibility for the volume we're moving.
I'm really lazy about leaving feedback even though I know I should. I think what stops me is the requirement to leave a comment. They're always just so inane, I can't fucking stand them. Just let us click a thumbs up and move on.

Tweets

Reaction score
It looks like they do offer recurring pickups. I currently just drop stuff off at the PO on my way into town, but I might try this for bad weather days.

View attachment 1291408
Hot doggity dog! Had never seen that option before, wonder if it's new. I just did the rest of the month in a few clicks and now don't have to remember each night! Thanks Mike!

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's definitely happened to me in the past, but lately has been ok. Here, I'm typically ok. We live in a very small town and the postmaster told me I am their #1 shipper, so they stop here with or without a scheduled pickup. They even call me directly on postal holidays to see if I want any packages picked up. I never do, but it's nice.
Never had issue until yesterday, and today. Also never had my postal carrier call me, or come by when I didn't schedule a pick up.

thought maybe the schedule requests were going through, but I logged into the system to check scheduled pickups and get this.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sent the wrong jacket to a buyer. I'm in Canada and can't feasibly accept it back so he gets a free Canali. Guess I needed to learn that lesson :brick:
I once sent the wrong size of a Patagonia GoreTex jacket to Hong Kong. I learned that lesson the hard way as well.

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sent the wrong colour Alberto trousers to North Carolina about 4 years ago. I only realized my mistake when he bought the other pair the next day and I could only find the pair I thought I'd already shipped. Born with a horseshoe up my ass, I guess?

I've been paranoid about shipping the wrong item ever since.

Last edited:

bert9000

Reaction score
Sent the wrong color Alberto trousers to North Carolina about 4 years ago. I only realized my mistake when he bought the other pair the next day and I could only find the pair I thought I'd already shipped. Born with a horseshoe up my ass, I guess?

I've been paranoid about shipping the wrong item ever since.
Haha, did he say anything?

clothesgamesmisc

Reaction score
One for the block list. Said it was delivered never received, instructed him to contact his postmaster and local mail lady. Immediately opens a case on ebay for INR. Closed in my favor. Now threatening paypal/chargebacks.

Screenshot_2019-12-02 My eBay Messages Respond To Question.png

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 279 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 132 15.7%