• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TBH, I typically do have auto-decline (though I set it at around 25% because I don't mind the back and forth)
Unsure why this one slipped through. Like Wes said above, I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt that maybe it was a typo. Maybe he meant $50, or $45

His counter of $6 was also accompanied with a message saying that since he got a similar shirt for $30 NWT, $6 + my $19 shipping for a total of $25 was fair for a pre-owned shirt.
So yeah, it was a serious offer. Lol

Side note - I should probably look at revising my $19 shipping charge....
$25 for the shirt with free
Paypal working capital loans. No credit check, no interest. One time flat fee based on borrowed amount, payback percentage and sales volume. Loan payments come out of each payment you receive, at a percentage of your choosing, 10% through 30%.

I just got offered $88K....coincidentally the same cost as my wife's upcoming grad school....hmmm.
From my research, PP working capital is a good plan. However, if everyone is forced into eBay's managed payments program, how would that affect their ability to collect their percentage?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
$25 for the shirt with free

From my research, PP working capital is a good plan. However, if everyone is forced into eBay's managed payments program, how would that affect their ability to collect their percentage?
You are currently not allowed to opt into managed payments if you have a Paypal Working capital loan, as it would be a violation of the loan agreement. I received an email from paypal a while back stating that they are working on a solution for ebay managed payments for the future...but who knows. Also, I have been recently receiving mail and email about Paypal Business Loans, with monthly payments. Perhaps that is going to be solution going forward. Not sure.

clothesgamesmisc

Reaction score
You are currently not allowed to opt into managed payments if you have a Paypal Working capital loan, as it would be a violation of the loan agreement. I received an email from paypal a while back stating that they are working on a solution for ebay managed payments for the future...but who knows. Also, I have been recently receiving mail and email about Paypal Business Loans, with monthly payments. Perhaps that is going to be solution going forward. Not sure.

Looks like Square is offering similar loans through ebay. It is indeed a violation and I believe they can immediately call in the loan.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What category, GarageSale users, are you using for vests, like waist coats? Looks like they eliminated it. Sleeveless shirt? View attachment 1283761
Under Suit/Suit Separates, I've been putting them under the "type" attribute/item specific "suit vest"

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 2.05.03 PM.png

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When doing a suit search, size 38 isn't an option anymore in the side column. Starts at 40 (???).

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're actively handling a huge number of issues with 8. I've downloaded the 8.05 BETA and it's better but still glitchy.
Glitchy as fuck. My initial problem was that they keychains saved in my computer were for GS 7, and now I'm using GS 8. So I deleted my eBay account from GS, rebooted, then added the eBay account back. That made it so I can upload and revise listings again. However, I'm still finding that after I select/enter all the item attributes, half of the time they revert back to defaults before I'm finished with the rest of the listing.

I assume they'll get this sorted, but it's a damn PITA.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On the search side, I can’t search for a vest without returning (mostly) jackets. Saved search does this as well, making it pretty much useless.

clothesgamesmisc

Reaction score
Another one for those that preemptively block bad buyers. I made some grammatical errors because I am a little too relaxed

Screenshot_20191120-190227.png

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.