• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Via doing an "update"

If I hit the "Post an update" button it gives me a blank form. I want to bump the listing as it is.

If someone knows how to do this, then please give me a step by step while looking at the page. The B&S instructions say please use the "Update Listing and Bump to Top" button that is at the top of your Buy and Sell listing.

The only problem is that there is no button which says that. I'm not the only person who can't figure this out. I reached out to one of the biggest sellers who frequents this thread and he told me "Last time I tried I could not figure it out either and gave up."

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I hit the "Post an update" button it gives me a blank form. I want to bump the listing as it is.

If someone knows how to do this, then please give me a step by step while looking at the page. The B&S instructions say please use the "Update Listing and Bump to Top" button that is at the top of your Buy and Sell listing.

The only problem is that there is no button which says that.

Once you fill out the "Update" form and submit, your listing will be bumped to the top :)

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once you fill out the "Update" form and submit, your listing will be bumped to the top :)

So I have to make a new listing in the Update form by cutting and pasting the old listing information and loading pictures again? How else would I fill out the form?

Really, I'm asking for a step by step.

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I have to make a new listing in the Update form by cutting and pasting the old listing information and loading pictures again? How else would I fill out the form?

Really, I'm asking for a step by step.

Here is an example:

1) I have a listing bumped a week ago. According to the B&S rule, I can bump it again. (pic 1)
2) In order to bump it, I do "post an update" (pic 2)
3) I filled out the update form and save (pic 3)
4) Resource has been updated (pic 4)
5) The listing is now bumped to the top (pic 5)

Attachments

• Screenshot (51)_LI.jpg
    Screenshot (51)_LI.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot (52)_LI.jpg
    Screenshot (52)_LI.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot (53).png
    Screenshot (53).png
    372.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot (54)_LI.jpg
    Screenshot (54)_LI.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot (55)_LI.jpg
    Screenshot (55)_LI.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 14

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much.

clothesgamesmisc

Reaction score
Update to the INAD on the Mario game! The buyer says it was a problem with his tv. lol.

I had to politely prod him to close the case. I swear.

Getting 5-6 messages a day from buyers that can clearly not read item specifics. I don't even respond anymore. Instant block. Anyone else been getting floods of these recently? Never turns into a sale either.

Screenshot_2019-11-15 My eBay Messages.png

Screenshot_2019-11-15 NWT Levis 501 Skinny Premium Big E High Rise Destroyed Jeans Black Liste...png

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lo and behold
all this talk a couple of pages back about Poshmark cases and i get hit with one today
I've been given the option to comment while Poshmark is looking into it. Do i bother or wait it out?

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, over the last 90 days I've sold 51 items on eBay, 2 on Etsy, and 1 on Poshmark Canada. The buyer on the Poshmark item started asking questions about measurements after I accepted their offer. She asked to cancel her purchase 20 minutes later. :brick:

Edit: make that 53 items on eBay :devil:

Last edited:

madeinbogota

Reaction score
Lo and behold
all this talk a couple of pages back about Poshmark cases and i get hit with one today
I've been given the option to comment while Poshmark is looking into it. Do i bother or wait it out?

Comment with all the evidence you have against their case (with photos if possible), &, as hard as it can be with some buyers, be as polite as you can. Poshmark really doesn't like when sellers are terse with the buyers in return cases, and I feel like it may play a part in how they make a final decision.

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Comment with all the evidence you have against their case (with photos if possible), &, as hard as it can be with some buyers, be as polite as you can. Poshmark really doesn't like when sellers are terse with the buyers in return cases, and I feel like it may play a part in how they make a final decision.
Thanks
although i don't really have too much to say
lady bought a pair of glasses, says there's a scratch on them that was not in the pics
ah well, i'll see what happens.

EDIT: nvm, they closed the case before i even got a chance to comment. ?‍♂️

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheapest method to package and mail socks??
Thanks,

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FWIW, over the last 90 days I've sold 51 items on eBay

That’s a lot of items! How many do you have listed?

I stay at my free 50 item limit, and while it pays for my thrifting hobby, it hasn’t really kept up with cleaning out The Pile like I’d hoped.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW, over the last 90 days I've sold 51 items on eBay, 2 on Etsy, and 1 on Poshmark Canada. The buyer on the Poshmark item started asking questions about measurements after I accepted their offer. She asked to cancel her purchase 20 minutes later. :brick:

Edit: make that 53 items on eBay :devil:

I've sold 284 on Ebay, 1 on Craigslist and 1 on Facebook in that time frame... I haven't tried Poshmark, except as a buyer. Same with Etsy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads