• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question. Did everyone make their own HTML backgrounds? I'm starting to attempt a more professional look and my HTML is really shabby (fiddled in grade school but lost interest). Do you use online tools or such? Any recommendations?

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Question. Did everyone make their own HTML backgrounds? I'm starting to attempt a more professional look and my HTML is really shabby (fiddled in grade school but lost interest). Do you use online tools or such? Any recommendations?
I used HTML to design it in Dreamweaver then just copy/paste the html into ebay.

chiron

Reaction score
Is the size on these RT shoes in UK or US sizing?

Thank You in advance.
biggrin.gif

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brian, that lighting kit looks awesome! A bit overwhelming with so many optional configurations, but once u start dabbling with it, I'm sure it will be a breeze.

Give us updates when u start using it.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Shouldn't the "Add tracking number" option show that it has been delivered? Then the ball is in their court to prove it wasn't delivered and ebay should side with the seller.

Whoah, wait. How would eBay expect the buyer to prove something *wasn't* delivered? This sounds a lot like the religious arguments we have during the holidays to me.

Last edited:

Brianpore

Reaction score
Quote:
lol8[1].gif
Took me a second, but I know what davesmith is trying to say. Really what needs to be done, is that if USPS marks it delivered and the buyer says they did not receive the package then the buyer should take his complaint up with USPS, NOT the seller. What buyers don't get is that as a seller you did everything you could and it's not your fault if USPS messed up. They don't see the middle man, they just care about getting what they want and blame the easiest person which is the seller. Who's going to go and fight USPS (20+ minute wait times on hold etc) when you can with 2 clicks of the mouse file a dispute on ebay (which they loose)

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol8%5B1%5D.gif
Took me a second, but I know what davesmith is trying to say. Really what needs to be done, is that if USPS marks it delivered and the buyer says they did not receive the package then the buyer should take his complaint up with USPS, NOT the seller. What buyers don't get is that as a seller you did everything you could and it's not your fault if USPS messed up. They don't see the middle man, they just care about getting what they want and blame the easiest person which is the seller. Who's going to go and fight USPS (20+ minute wait times on  hold etc) when you can with 2 clicks of the mouse file a dispute on ebay (which they loose)

+1. One guy told me he rage quit Ebay because "they would rather lose [his] business than refund [him] for a $20 tie." This was after I got the tie back as returned to sender (8 weeks later) and tried to contact him via Ebay with no answer then finally just refunded him via PayPal. He was surprised and very thankful that I sent him his money back. I patiently explained that it wouldn't have been Ebay that took the hit but me, and that if every buyer got their money back when the item is listed delivered, there would be nothing to stop unscrupulous buyers claiming non-receipt, and there would be far too much risk selling on ebay to make it rational.

labravajazz

Reaction score
I had a case where I sent a pair of CJ handgrade shoes from Australia at bargainprice to a buyer in Germany. It hadnt arrived after 2 weeks but this is par for the course, actually I even paid extra for registered post at my expense. I explained to buyer that it may take a little longer and please be patient. I had entered tracking number as well. Buyer responded by giving me bad feedback saying his item didnt arrive, destroying my perfect feedback. He didnt raise any dispute for item not received or request refund so I presume he actually did receive it. Tracking comes up with no result so I had to go to Australia Post - they say they have tracking showing the date it left Australia, th

labravajazz

Reaction score
Then nothing iGermany so I have to mount an enquiry which takes around 8 weeks! Ebay require me to prove it was delivered even though I have proof of postage with receipt and registered post document and tracking, they will not remove the feedback which implies that I did not send the item!
Anyone ever handled this kind of situation? Especially galling when it was sold so cheap and I subsidised real cost of postage:(

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I had a case where I sent a pair of CJ handgrade shoes from Australia at bargainprice to a buyer in Germany. It hadnt arrived after 2 weeks but this is par for the course, actually I even paid extra for registered post at my expense. I explained to buyer that it may take a little longer and please be patient. I had entered tracking number as well. Buyer responded by giving me bad feedback saying his item didnt arrive, destroying my perfect feedback. He didnt raise any dispute for item not received or request refund so I presume he actually did receive it. Tracking comes up with no result so I had to go to Australia Post - they say they have tracking showing the date it left Australia, th

Then nothing iGermany so I have to mount an enquiry which takes around 8 weeks! Ebay require me to prove it was delivered even though I have proof of postage with receipt and registered post document and tracking, they will not remove the feedback which implies that I did not send the item!
Anyone ever handled this kind of situation? Especially galling when it was sold so cheap and I subsidised real cost of postage:(

I had this happen from here (Austria) to Germany on a cheap tie. They didn't open a case, just left my (only) negative feedback saying that I never sent it. I just responded to the feedback with "Delivered! Tracking #XXXX"

I had even contacted them before I replied to the feedback asking if it had arrived or whether they confused me with someone else. No response from them.

Now I'm just waiting for that feedback to drop off my list.

Last edited:

Brianpore

Reaction score
Shipping shoes to Germany USPS priority OK?
Just insure them and you should be set. If sold though ebay use the "ShipCover Insurance"

I have slowly been transitioning over to using Priority with Insurance vs. 1st Class Registered. Some counties you still can't insure so I have to use 1st class.

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I pretty much only do express mail now since price difference isn't that much over priority and most stuff I send is over 4 pounds anyways. Buyer usually a lot happier too with delivery time as I find priority takes longer than first class half the time, especially to Asia.

Do hate it when buyers say no first class mail is fine and the cost is $xx and I will send payment. Hate to lose the sale but feel this is setting yourself up for problems

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads