• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How important to buyers are shoe boxes for high end brands? I'm currently listing a pair of bespoke John Lobb's (http://ebay.us/sdlnhv?cmpnId=5338273189 ) including the box. I got a message from a buyer who is interested in just the box. The purist in me would prefer that they remain together, but the capitalist in me is willing to bow to the will of the market. How much less do you think a buyer will be willing to pay for just the shoes? Do any of you have any guidance on how much just the box should sell for? I checked completed listings, and they don't really provide much helpful information. I'm hoping that collective memories or instincts here will be able to reach back further.

Thanks.
Ive got an empty Lobb box for sale if you want to make a deal work!

noob in 89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This reminds me of eBay circa 2004, when people were clamoring for out of print Criterion Collection covers to sell with their (often bootleg) DVDs.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had a guy make offers (unsolicited, I don't have a "make and offer" on the item), for around a month and a half. I blocked him after the first one. The most recent was $2 less than the BIN price with shipping, so I relisted it for $2 more.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

carreragt7

Reaction score
Keep resisting! They’re allowed to list essentially the same rainbow tie a bunch of times. They take it too far when they do keyword manipulation “if you like Emilio pucci...” in their title, though. And who knew the magic price for a tie was 42.95?!?!

Reaction score
Sorry to ask advice on a basic question, but I have trouble keeping up with ebay’s mood swings…

I got a return request on an item that was listed as “No returns.” The reason is “Doesn't fit” with a comment, “The jacket is slightly too small.” The correct size was on the listing with accurate measurements, etc.

It’s a somewhat pricey item that I’ve had listed for a while, so it sucks, but would the general advice be to save myself the headache and accept the return?

The buyer also only has 5 feedback which kind of gives me pause, but I suppose that doesn't change much.

mrFurly

Reaction score
Sorry to ask advice on a basic question, but I have trouble keeping up with ebay’s mood swings…

I got a return request on an item that was listed as “No returns.” The reason is “Doesn't fit” with a comment, “The jacket is slightly too small.” The correct size was on the listing with accurate measurements, etc.

It’s a somewhat pricey item that I’ve had listed for a while, so it sucks, but would the general advice be to save myself the headache and accept the return?

The buyer also only has 5 feedback which kind of gives me pause, but I suppose that doesn't change much.
you can accept the return and relist...
...or you can deny the return and risk a neg.

I generally just take the return because its the right thing to do (IMO)...
...but the last time someone wanted to return an item I had as No Returns I denied it because I saw he was selling the same type of items and had No Returns on all his listings.

goatamous

Reaction score

The feedback is irrelevant in this case - he paid, you shipped, it was received, yadda yadda. We all had to start somewhere.

I'd accept the return, but the key point is the "doesn't fit"
that's a buyers remorse claim, which means he's responsible for return shipping. As long as you're OK with relisting, it might be one where you bite the bullet.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.