1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. ace13x

ace13x Distinguished Member

Are you talking about an item that hasn't sold yet? Does it have to be an auction specifically or do you have the same problem on BIN?

Safari 12.0.1

2. ace13x

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 12.23.51 AM.png

OK, I think I'm seeing what you're seeing. I got this when I clicked view item from my feedback page. If I look at an item from within sold items, then I get the full list.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Wow wait you get both? I just tried clicking the link from sold and I still only get one option. Can you tell me what the whole link looks like for both versions, if theres a difference? For example, this is what I get :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/(item number)

4. ace13x

The first one is from under My EBay -> Selling. Then from the Listings box (second down on the left) -> show more -> Sold. Then select any item you’ve sold.

The second one is from clicking your feedback number then the View Item link from any of the sold items that you got feedback on.

I’m on my cell, and coping links is tough because I don get the desktop view. I’ll see about some links when I get home.

5. Patrologia

Patrologia Senior Member

IMG_2660.JPG Any idea what these should be called, either for listing or for researching prices? I bought these thinking my daughter would like them--she did, but after ten minutes around the house admitted that they were too small. I can return them, but might put them up for sale.

6. haloitsme

haloitsme Senior Member

Can I cancel an order when I state no PO adresses, and the buyer gives me PO / Mailing box adress?
    And where do I cancel, I sent the guy a request ... don't know

7. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Distinguished Member

You should be able to cancel an order outright without approval of the seller "Buyer is in location I don't ship to" or similar should be the reason. It's been forever since I've had to do it, maybe that's another thing they removed...

8. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

If you’re shipping UPS or FedEx, eBay won’t let them enter a PO Box. If you’re shipping via USPS, why on earth wouldn’t you ship to a PO Box?

9. haloitsme

haloitsme Senior Member

I ship with FedEx from Austria, that is a PO box you pay to accept the parcels : mail box plus in passedina.
    I thought when I check no PO boxes that includes them...
    I only ship with signature confirmation and direct , costs me 0 $ more and no hassle. That is the reason.

10. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

Ah, I didn’t see where you are from. You can probably cancel the order, and you might want to call eBay to see if there is a way to block PO Boxes. That might be different for you than it is here.

11. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Distinguished Member

This is weird, on Mac using FF, Safari or Chrome, doing it both ways you said, I see everything on all of them. I am not sure what is going on, but maybe they are slow rolling the update? Although you would think they would use it on those of us who are small timers than the guys bringing in the big bucks. Much better to piss me off and lose my few thousand a year than someone paying 100K+ a year.

12. ace13x

AH-HA! It appears:

The truncated list appears when you view AUCTIONS (whether the item was sold or not) and BINS that did NOT sell.

The full list when you view BINS that have sold.

13. Yorker

Yorker Senior Member

Looking for some opinions here.

picked up this mint berluti python jacket. in stores now for 10k. One sold on grailed for 4500 a couple months ago.

Should I hold out for a best offer or no-res auction? I keep waffling on the best course of action. what would y'all do?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264131310728

14. capnwes

capnwes Stylish Dinosaur

lol, did someone just buy it?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019

15. Yorker

Yorker Senior Member

no - it was a 30 day listing that just ended, trying to decide now between auction / relist.