• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did the Loro Piana cashmere sweater story end? Was it fake?

rhz5001

Reaction score
How did the Loro Piana cashmere sweater story end? Was it fake?

It's definitely not fake. I have no idea, I haven't heard from him. I'm assuming he will be the type of buyer too lazy to return it, he will just keep it and leave a neg.

Spoo will probably thrift it in Long Island and be able to weigh in.

I get 50-75 messages a week with offers on auctions. Here’s a canali 1934 shirt that’s listed for 29.99 plus shipping.
C5213CC9-7B7E-4430-BE8E-09715E4143E7.jpeg

Unrelated to above photo
One correlation I have found is that buyers with many questions are highly likely to return and/or give poor feedback. I started blocking those types of buyers.

Last edited:

tgaith77

Reaction score
the shirt shows as having been delivered. I had this delivered to my post office box. supposedly they put the package in a locker, and then the key for that in my po box. But they never put the key i n my po box, so I never got the shirt. The post office says to file a claim, but as I understand it, since you are the one who paid for the shipping, you have to file the claim. can you take care of this, and let me know. Obviously I am hoping to get my money back.

tenor.gif

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's definitely not fake. I have no idea, I haven't heard from him. I'm assuming he will be the type of buyer too lazy to return it, he will just keep it and leave a neg.

Spoo will probably thrift it in Long Island and be able to weigh in.

I get 50-75 messages a week with offers on auctions. Here’s a canali 1934 shirt that’s listed for 29.99 plus shipping.
View attachment 1120728

My response would be:

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 1.25.08 PM.png

thermals

Reaction score
can't find a pair of 8.5 brown bit loafers to save my life on ebay

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question:

Some jerk won an item (only bidder on an auction), within an hour of the auctions' end immediately requests a cancelation in which he does not provide any reason. Can I demand one? Is there any benefit?

Cancel, block, move on.

RFHansen

Reaction score
What's the risk to me as a seller to sell direct/outside ebay? Selling a Schott leather jacket and I'm negotiating back and forth with a buyer (we are within $25). He responds through ebay with a photo attachment listing his cell # and wants to deal direct, saving me the fees.

I've sold a few things a year for the last 15 years. Mostly a buyer. I see the risk to the buyer to deal outside ebay but what about to me as a seller?

Not recommended. Never mind the risks, which are plenty. The problem is that there is no compensating advantage for you in doing this to save a few bucks.

tonylamer

Reaction score
That guy is an asshole. Canadians know it takes a long time to get packages. As mentioned above, ONLY ship USPS. The other couriers charge large customs amounts and then charge a huge service fee for doing so. USPS rarely charges customs on anything under $300.

This is exactly right. I've never had an issue with USPS delivery times to Canada. Over 500 transactions, not a single item lost or delayed. I routinely ask sellers not to ship via courier, and they're always happy to oblige. I don't need to be gouged by their bullshit "brokerage fees."

The Global Shipping Program delays delivery by maybe 5 days. If you're an American seller using the GSP, I can see how you'd rack up complaints from Canadian buyers. It's such a horrible service.

Other side: I made the expensive decision when I started selling to offer free North American shipping on every item sold. I'm in Canada, so I send things using Canada Post's Expedited service. It's 5-6 business days to the States. I've never had a single complaint or sub-5-star rating on delivery time to any corner of the continent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads