1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. concealed

concealed Senior member

I dont like dealing with international shipping and have used this program successfully multiple times. its the same fee structure as if it were a domestic sale. i know many of you disagree, and i have made my peace with it. i don't want the additional funds coming into my account for my own reasons to cover international shipping. i also prefer to send stuff express EMS which is very expensive to buyers anyways. if i lose a few sales due to using it, the ease of just sending to a po box in Kentucky is worth it for me.

2. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Not arguing with that logic, but just curious what your percentage is - international to total sales?

3. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Has anyone had any issues with their "outright" account as of late? Mine has not updated my PayPal sales or purchases for awhile, and there are not really many options in the Ouright software to fix this issue. Refresh, suspend, and delete are all we really get. Trying to get a hold of outright customer service has been a pain as well. Emails have been sent, live chat options have not worked in getting a response either.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or something similar.

4. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Yes, there is an announcement somewhere that is was a problem on the Paypal end. Mine seems to have cleared up today....after 3 weeks.

5. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Scratch that.....It's is still half broken. I will be asking for a partial refund/credit. Shouldn't have to pay for a broken app.

6. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Ya. This sounds like a new Ebay profit center. And bullshit for sellers. No thanks, I'll pass.

7. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Grr I shouuld have checked in with the thread here earlier...mine has been a few weeks as well. I somehow missed this announcement and procrastinated about looking into it more deeply until now. I accidentally deleted my PayPal account from Outright, which of course deleted all my entries of income from the entire 2013 year...I'm very very upset at myself and this issue in general. I really hope Outright will be able to backtrack my data from Aug 2013 and input it for me...of course I know chances are slim, since they don't store any data permanently on their systems (I think...).

I wont know what to do come tax season...I have all my receipts for expenses, but the income from eBay sales are generally inputted from PayPal...so I guess manual entry will be required...gah![​IMG]

8. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I forget, do you have a store subscription? I checked and you have a store subscription. Hover over your account tab, select "Sales Reports" near the bottom of the drop down menu. A new screen will open. You should able to select archived reports back to the beginning of the year. You will only really need to look every three months, since they show 3 months of activity on each report.

When I do my taxes I download and print all of these for my records. They only stay on eBay for like 2 years.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  9. concealed

concealed Senior member

I get one international (either GSP or someone who elects to utilize my exorbitant flat rate fee) every ~18 sales

10. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Not too bad. Can you figure the percentage based on the actual sale values from your seller dashboard? Just curious really. Just a hair over 18% of my total sales is international sales and 1 out of every 6.5 sales goes out of the US.

11. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

The reports given, are an overview of sales and fees. No breakdown per item / auction sold. Which I'm assuming you don't really need. I suppose I was accustomed to Outright's detailed breakdown. Bad News: My subscriptions / reports only go as far back May 2013 when I officially opened an eBay store.

I received an email back from Outright informing me they are escalating my issue to their engineering team to look further into it (basic BS to hold me over basically).
    They requested I do not delete my current non functioning PayPal account so they can look into the issue at hand. Can't wait to get this finished to see if they can retrieve any lost data.

12. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

Question for you folks.

Reading ebay promo email today, I decided to go the seller's productivity app page and take a look at what kind of apps are available.

Do any of you actually use any of these apps? If so, which ones?

I'm setting my own stuff up in GarageSale right now and not sure the value of additional apps.

13. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

How do you like GarageSale? I've been wanting to get into it and try it out. Pretty easy user interface and functionality.

But to answer your question, I do use the "Outright" app, up until the issues you have read above, it has worked out great so far.

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Couldnt live without it?

Really never a problem only once or twice it failed on me but I was launching from international waters.

15. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Just to be clear, it is a 1 time fee, correct? You purchase the app / program and its yours until you want to pay additional for an upgraded version?
    I've been tinkering around on the webpage a bit at work trying to decide if its worth the purchase.

Another thing to take into account, I really only do BIN/OBO listings. So it looks like they mention an additional monthly purchase of 3.99 to be able to run photos for auctions that use "Good Till Canceled" This fee apparently takes care of hosting your images for long periods of time. Does anyone use GarageSale with BIN/OBO and pay this fee? Is it a 4$ monthly fee for each item or total for all listed auctions?

16. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I use the following apps...

Froo Cross Sell (the little slide show at the bottom of all of my listings)
    www domain 4 my store (where I got the www.theSEAMstore.com)
    My store rewards - money back to repeat buyers. I get a lot of action on this one.
    Terapeak keywords. Pretty much stopped using this one, but it is free.
    Outright....Awesome app, until it recently broke. I use the Pro version.

17. Acme

Acme Well-Known Member

I subscribe to Terapeak and Outright, and find them both useful. $50 per year for the pro version of Outright to take care of my taxes at year end is a worthwhile expense.

18. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Any issues with your Outright as of late?

19. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

I got garagesale in a Mac bundle several years ago. Used it a couple of times to sell concert tickets. When I found out that only about 10% of my personal stuff is consignable (300 shirts, 15 suits, dozen pair of shoes) I upgraded to the latest version of garagesale to get the latest templates. It's a one-time license fee to purchase. Plus they have add-Ons you can buy.

My only beef so far is that if you want to change a background image or texture in a template, you have to have an FTP site and you have to manually edit the HTML pointers built into the template to your FTP site address. Plus isn't always clear which image is the background.

So generally, it's a pain unless you are already hosting and developing your own sites. I do a site about every 2 years so it would take me a day to set it up and test it, which I might have available at Xmas.

Maybe fueco and his HTML skills could do a step by step.

20. Acme

Acme Well-Known Member

Mine appears to be working properly.