1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11 : Valstar jacket and a Master-Piece wallet courtesy of NoManWalksAlone

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a Valstar jacket and a Master-Piece wallet courtesy of NoManWalksAlone Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. capnwes

capnwes Stylish Dinosaur

FTBSFY

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018

2. drlivingston

drlivingston Distinguished Member

Honestly, it's the front waffle that is freaking me out. When I would eat Eggos, I had to slowly pour the same amount of syrup into every square. And when I would cut the waffle, all cuts had to be made along the grid lines.

3. bpk1

bpk1 Distinguished Member

Once flagged and taken down, relisting the same item is asking for serious trouble imo. Not worth the risk.

4. Letric

Letric Distinguished Member

Lol so I've never had one of these before... Guy gets drunk and buys jeans from me. Sends me a message about how he had a few whiskeys and bought the jeans and wanted to know what I meant by "CRISP" in the title. :eh:

Already I know that he's gonna be problematic. But I hope for the best and send the jeans out.

Now he wants to return the jeans because he overlooked details and doesn't like the fit. :mad2:

How come jeans always seems to bring out the flakes.

5. Letric

Letric Distinguished Member

Same, but did you also get visible melted butter in each square before the syrup? That's that good OCD.

6. capnwes

capnwes Stylish Dinosaur

You should ask him to have a few whiskeys and try them on again. Gotta match the buying/receiving scenarios.

7. goatamous

goatamous Senior Member

Unsure what you sold them for, but since the onus for return shipping is on drunky, hopefully he ends up keeping them

8. JackFlash

JackFlash Distinguished Member

9. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

I received a return to sender package from Thailand, which I don’t even ship to anymore. Dude paid $57 +$55 for a pair of MiUSA Converse All-Stars and never contacted me. It been ten months since I shipped them!

9A424C02-D9B4-45CC-806B-4B5C5D8E4A8B.jpeg

10. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

Here's another douchenozzle for your block lists...

iversonmvp0323

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 10.24.39 PM.png

11. drlivingston

drlivingston Distinguished Member

12. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

Yeah, we just finished a TV show. I'm gonna call right now.

Edit: it's been removed.

Second Edit: LOL, dude left all the DSR categories at 5 star ratings.

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 10.39.47 PM.png

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018

13. ClosetEvolution

ClosetEvolution Senior Member

Is there a thread for product photography discussion? I’m thinking about upgrading my photography equipment and skills.

14. capnwes

capnwes Stylish Dinosaur

You found it. Lots of info in this thread, though I’m not sure how easy it is to search. SF search ain’t what it used to be.

15. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Distinguished Member

I usually politely decline or ignore offers to buy auction items, but every once in a while you get a more than fair offer... That happened this morning, and ebay isn't letting me revise the auction to add the BIN, is this a new "feature"? Has anyone tried this recently? The item does have a bid (from the person requesting the offer). I did try to edit one w/o offers and it goes through, no problem.

Through a little research, is it possibly part of the new offer feature ebay foisted on auctions last year? I have never seen it pop up on one of my auctions, but apparently it's for people to make an offer for BELOW the starting bid?

edit- So I just did the old school, end item and sell to highest bidder. Never actually did it that way before, I've always just added the BIN to give the person a chance to back out if they weren't serious about the offer.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018