1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. eddiegreen

eddiegreen Senior Member

not bad pics at all, a quick fix for you would be to get the procamera app on your phone which has pretty good white balance and exposure settings.

2. Nataku

Nataku Distinguished Member

All clothing. Fit and color are most common. One clown tried to tell me that my tan houndstooth sport coat was mustard yellow....

3. capnwes

capnwes Distinguished Member

Did anyone get another email similar to this one this week? Reminder ebay will start charging sellers with high returns an extra 4% FVF starting in Sept/Oct.

4. drlivingston

drlivingston Distinguished Member

5. haloitsme

haloitsme Senior Member

6. Pierson v Post

Pierson v Post Senior Member

I'm shocked at this message from "Young", an ebay rep. He's actually asking me if I'll compensate the buyer for his TIME to go to the Post Office to return an item. WOW.

hi this is young from ebay customer support assisting your buyer right now atom1717 who purchase the item xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx last july5 for a total of 379.05 with the item no. xxxxxxxxx. buyer would like to inform you that he thinks the 33.68$ for the shipping fee is not enough for the shipping and buyer would like to be compensated for the time/ work for the day he went to the post office to ship the item. if it proves to be not enough. hoping for your quick response.

Thanks,

eBay

(I accepted this guy's return request, but he told ebay he didn't have the $ to pay for shipping, so ebay asked me to give him a label or send him $ to pay for shipping. He's in Japan, so I had to go on Japan Post, calculate shipping, and PayPal him the estimated amount.)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018

7. bpk1

bpk1 Distinguished Member

@Pierson v Post you're kidding me right? The buyer wants additional pay/comp to go to the post office? That's nuts.

8. Pierson v Post

Yes, I didn't quote all the ridiculous messages from the buyer, but in a previous one he asked me to send him an additional $20 to compensate him for his time to bring the package to the post office.

9. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

Surely asking for additional money to compensate for his effort to get to the post office qualifies as an unreasonable demand? What was his reason for the return?

10. M2511

M2511 Distinguished Member

What a joke... compensate for his time? Will he compensate you for compensating him? Has no money to return the package... equally ridiculous.

11. Pierson v Post

To be clear: although the ebay rep sent me that message, I called back and said "absolutely not", and the rep on the phone agreed with me. I've done everything needed on my end. Now to see if he actually sends it back.

12. ace13x

ace13x Distinguished Member

I would liike all regular posters on this thread to compensate me for psin, suffering, and emotional distress.

PM me for PayPal info.

13. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

Reminds me of last night. My wife and I went to a concert. During intermission, we wandered out to get a snack, and a beer for me.

When we came back, the couple sitting next to us jokingly said they would take payment (for letting us through) in food. I looked at the wife, and with a straight face, said “I’ve got a couple of partially melted granola bars in my pocket.”

14. othertravel

othertravel Distinguished Member

15. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

We saw The Wailin' Jennys in Arvada, CO. I got the tickets for my wife for her birthday. This was my fourth time seeing them live, and my wife's fifth.