Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. garyclark

garyclark Active Member

Thanks for the reply. That's what I figured. But it was weird to have it happen twice at once when I can't remember it happening before.

2. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Update......[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Did he return them or just update his feedback?

4. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I suppose they will be in the mail?

5. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

6. chiron

chiron Senior member

Thank You Cap!!!

Thank You Sir!!!
    Yes, that was my clue.

Thank You Orgetorix!!!

Now i have to polish and list them. [​IMG]

7. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

I would care, changing his mind that quick means he is probably Bi-Polar. could get his NSA friends to track you down [​IMG]

8. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Or he could just use the address I sent him to find me.

I think he just missed my last email and didn't realize I had authorized the return.

9. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

10. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Hmmm... maybe you should just ship it to him first so he can inspect it before paying. Probably help speed things along.

11. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Giddy like a schoolgirl to finally upgrade from my 2005 Razr to a proper smart phone (Samsung Galaxy S4 Active) - now I can hit up eBay completed / Google when I have a [shirt/coat/jeans/etc] in my hand at the thrift store and am wondering to myself "Is this a something, or a nothing?" Probably save me $30 - $40 per month in regrettable purchases and pay for itself over time.

Do folks here do a lot of web searches when in the field, or just go with what you know and leave the questionable stuff behind?

12. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Re: all this talk. Let's give these guys some possible benefit of the doubt. When I list more than usual, I start making stupid mistakes. Recall that I'm a normal person so I don't not cool enough to own a Mac, so my method is taking a previous listing for a similar item and then modfiying it. I have on occasion genuinely forgotten to change "NWOT" or "NWT" to "Pre-owned." Mostly this was before there was the text box for describing condition, but still. It happens to me ALL the time with sizing. I skip right to uploading pictures, get distracted, then go to the description and totally forget to fill out all that info in between. I've even forgotten to change the title. So it's possible the seller is a DB, but it's also possible it was an honest mistake. But if you got your money back, who cares?

I too have a new phone. Don't love all of it, but the Ebay app is MUCH more robust than blackberry. (And no, I don't have a freaking iPhone).

Two items from me today:
    1. Still desperately seeking your ruinable, piss-stained gray trousers. Keep saving them up, boys. This is what makes SCIENCE so exciting!

2. Has anyone noticed the bottom fall out of the skeet blanket market? Four skeets, listed at $49.99, no bids, have had to relist. Beginning to sweat because I bought these at consignment.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013

13. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Quote: Skeet blanket - is that like Robert Graham / Etro etc shirts? If so, some drop in interest - sold one 4XL Robert Graham at BIN after listing it a few times and dropping it a bit each time; Etro I have had to relist, and so far zero interest in a NWT Robert Graham I listed...

14. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

This!

15. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

I'm posting this link here to an article about a documentary I'm watching about a photographer whose body of work was discovered after her death.

Anyone in Chicago heard of Vivian Maier? I'd never heard of her but I'm sure it was in all the papers.

Negatives and photos were bought at a storage locker auction and then flipped on ebay.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...1-secrets-from-the-workhouse-itv-8673641.html