• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha yea I’ve seen every episode of the first 10 seasons of law and order so I’m basically a paralegal . The way I read the first line is that they are stating the bag is blue and yellow not that I they though it looked blue and yellow from the pictures . Totally splitting hairs here but sometimes it’s all in the way things are worded. I’ll give ebay a call tomorrow and see what I can come up with

Good luck! I took a class that covered this sort of thing, but that was in 1995. I'm sure I've forgotten a lot of the crap I learned that semester. :tinfoil:

I do recall one tale wherein a guy got out of a speeding ticket because the police officer wrote that the speeding car was gold, rather than gold-colored.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EBDA8166-6C26-4C96-88E2-15900CADA2D3.jpeg
Good luck! I took a class that covered this sort of thing, but that was in 1995. I'm sure I've forgotten a lot of the crap I learned that semester. :tinfoil:

I do recall one tale wherein a guy got out of a speeding ticket because the police officer wrote that the speeding car was gold, rather than gold-colored.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got a few Q's for you guys

#2. Anyone have suggestions for a decent label printer that can do the adhesive backed label rolls and is compatible with mac OSX? Preferably under $100 (not sure if this is a pipe dream).

The Dymo 4XL is $280 at Staples, $179 at Amazon
The Dymo 450 Turbo is $130 at Staples, $85 at Amazon
The Dymo 450 is $110 at Staples, but they also have a bundle with 2 label rolls for only $70. I'm pretty sure the labels are not usable for eBay shipping, but at least the print is cheaper.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the USPS labels to Canada being 1 half page, can you print those with the Dymo XL?

StanleyWingtip

Reaction score
Turns out I double printed a label, so a customer got a shirt and the tie he ordered. I'm surprised usps didn't hold onto one of them. Hoping this guy is nice enough to send back the shirt.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only drawback to using a Dymo is its inability to print foreign shipping labels. You can also print labels for random packages through PayPal. The USPS does not let you print First Class postage from home. So, being able to print from PayPal is a good thing.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Called eBay today, they closed in my favor. My 10 years of law and order paid off. I used the “the item IS blue and yellow” line straight from their request and the CSR agreed with me and closed it out in my favor.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Called eBay today, they closed in my favor. My 10 years of law and order paid off. I used the “the item IS blue and yellow” line straight from their request and the CSR agreed with me and closed it out in my favor.

#shouldabeenalawyer :slayer:

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another one to add to the list: somersetown

Opened up a NAD case as it didn't fit, then when ebay closed the case; now claims a "significant tear".

This is one of my nightmare scenarios—a buyer delibrately damaging an item just to claim it wasn't as described.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is one of my nightmare scenarios—a buyer delibrately damaging an item just to claim it wasn't as described.
That happened to me. Had a serious ***** buyer and I wouldn’t refund her so she opens a case claiming there’s a huge tear in the shirt. I just refunded it and called it a day

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#shouldabeenalawyer :slayer:
I’ve always wanted to be a lawyer, love reading anything about law and love putting together arguments but I can’t pass the bar because I have an extensive past up until 8 years ago. Oh well at least I have eBay cases to fight. Maybe someone will hire me as their eBay lawyer

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Believe the hype surrounding

believethehype7

He's not worth the trouble. partial refund fisherman.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads