1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. My Main Man

My Main Man Distinguished Member

No issues with a Mac. It automatically popped up as a printer option when I plugged it in. Just had to select the 99019 label option to shrink the label.

2. ZGHCU

ZGHCU Senior Member

I've got a quick question, I'm still relatively new to selling on eBay, so this might be a stupid question. I sold a jacket and I receieved "partial payment" according to eBay. I have all of the money, does that mean he just paid with PayPal credit or something? Should I ship out the jacket?

3. Reosymes

Reosymes Distinguished Member

Is the transaction on paypal pending or completed? I'd ship only if ebay says it's OK to ship. Have never heard of partial payments before.

4. Nbarbar

Nbarbar Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any experience with Vestit on Grailed? Purchased a coat a week ago and since then I’ve had no replies to emails or been given any tracking details....

5. JackFlash

JackFlash Distinguished Member

Thanks, this is super helpful. Last question: I assume you all have had no trouble using non-DYMO branded 99019 labels, yes? Looks like DYMO really wants you to buy their labels.

6. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

@JackFlash

I have no problems with generic labels.

7. Sartoriamo

Sartoriamo Senior Member

Looks like an interesting printer. I'm going to buy one of these, and I'll report in as soon as I've used it for a while. Currently, I have a large Brother printer at home, and use 8.5" x 5.5" 2-up labels from the second tray when I'm printing labels from home. But at my "eBay office" I have an Intermec 3400 commercial thermal label printer, that uses rolls of 4 x 6 labels. I paid thirty bucks for it at an industrial auction, and got thousands of labels for twenty bucks off the 'Bay. The thing is a beast, and truthfully far more than I need: a big heavy thing that is rated for thousands of labels a day, and I max out at 20 on an occasional Monday. The only issue is that the Mac driver for the Intemec is a hundred bucks from Peninsula, so I haven't felt it was necessarily worth recommending on this thread. This Rollo looks like it might actually be the best option, as long as it will print wirelessly when plugged into my AirPort Extreme. Haven't used a printer cable in a decade . . .

8. HansderHund

HansderHund Distinguished Member

Here’s a stupid question re: thermal label printers.

I would like to take advantage of the time-savings you guys have always mentioned, but how does one print directly to the label? In my case, I ship most packages through DHL. When I make the label, it is generated as an A4 PDF that I open to print. The label is on the right, the customer copy (which I need) is on the left.

Is there some easy magic trick to be able to automatically print that on a whatever-sized label?

Sorry for the ignorance, I’m just not quite sure how to ask.

9. My Main Man

My Main Man Distinguished Member

@HansderHund there is a setting in the eBay settings are where you can change your label layout. I’ve only messed with USPS. Not sure if DHL/FedEx/etc are in there but I assume they are. I’m away from my computer right now but I’ll play around in a bit and see if I can remember where that is.

10. HansderHund

HansderHund Distinguished Member

Thanks! Unfortunately, ebay Austria doesn’t support label-printing...from any companies. I sometimes forget that you guys can handle all of that stuff inside ebay itself. Instead, I use a DHL account to create labels. I was hoping that there was some easy method to condensing full size pages onto a small label. I will have to ask DHL about it.

11. JackFlash

JackFlash Distinguished Member

Same. Whatever I get, if I get something, better work plugged into my router via USB.

12. bert9000

bert9000 Senior Member

Threaten to open a PayPal case and I'm pretty sure they'll respond pretty quickly... then if they don't, actually open one

13. Nbarbar

Nbarbar Well-Known Member

Thanks, sadly seems like that is what I’ll have to do

14. ZGHCU

ZGHCU Senior Member

Sorry for the late reply @Reosymes but eBay said it was good to go, and the transaction cleared so it's getting sent out.

15. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

If anyone is still having the image upload problem with GarageSale, check for software updates. That fixed the problem for me this morning.