• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks, helpful for future reference. Though with this guy it makes me think he said that he sent it just so I’ll accept the return and then he’d actually return it once I did that.

Either way eBay already closed the case and freed my funds even though I haven’t gotten the jeans back yet. They told me to just refuse delivery of the package and have it returned to the seller. Seems like both of us were pretty active in calling eBay on this case. May be one of those where they refunded the buyer out of their own pocket.
More than likely, that is what will happen. I had a buyer do this last year. He claimed to have mailed back a jacket and wanted me to go ahead and refund his money. He didn't ship the jacket back through eBay. That was a red flag to me. He provided a tracking number that didn't get any closer to me than Arkansas. After several days, I called eBay and had it closed without any refund to him. He was livid that I didn't fall for his scam. He called me a dick. So, being the dick that I am, I called eBay and filed a complaint against him. One month later, he was no longer a registered user. Nice...

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having this issue with GarageSale? Every time I try to upload listings, this happens to half of them and then I have to re-upload. It usually works on the second try but it's annoying. Tried rebooting. No luck there.

2018-02-10 11.43.44 am.png

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heads up if anyone is thinking about switching over to the Dymo label printer. I have a coupon for $25 off an order above $75 at Staples. Would take this down to just a little over $100. Let me know if you want the code.

https://www.staples.com/dymo-labelwriter-450-turbo-label-printer/product_796630

(This could also be used if someone wants to buy a shitload of tape or bubble wrap or other shipping supplies.)

Last edited:

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why, yes. Yes I can! I was born yesterday and don’t care about protecting myself on a $1300 transaction. People these days.
5477E57E-9F76-4315-B530-7099FFD2FD3D.jpeg

But the message at bottom of the reply section (as I told him no) kind of chaps me. So if I were trying to exchange contact info it “may trigger fees”? Not sure how FeeBay can enforce that...

2CBE0D51-C332-4655-9797-F634F62EBA67.jpeg

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does USPS Priority Mail Express International provide tracking to non-DELCON countries? The specific one I am asking about is Colombia. Thanks for info.

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Express international provides tracking everywhere. At that price, it'd better.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Express international provides tracking everywhere. At that price, it'd better.
Thanks. It's pricey but the buyer takes or leaves it. I need the tracking. At least it's not as bad as GXG which is more than 2x the price of Express International...

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heads up if anyone is thinking about switching over to the Dymo label printer. I have a coupon for $25 off an order above $75 at Staples. Would take this down to just a little over $100. Let me know if you want the code.

https://www.staples.com/dymo-labelwriter-450-turbo-label-printer/product_796630

(This could also be used if someone wants to buy a shitload of tape or bubble wrap or other shipping supplies.)
The 450 Turbo was a game changer for me. Easily my best equipment purchase in recent history.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why, yes. Yes I can! I was born yesterday and don’t care about protecting myself on a $1300 transaction. People these days.
View attachment 924328
But the message at bottom of the reply section (as I told him no) kind of chaps me. So if I were trying to exchange contact info it “may trigger fees”? Not sure how FeeBay can enforce that...

View attachment 924329

I'm pretty sure that Ebay puts that there mostly to scare people. I would assume that some keyword in his reply triggered the response. I would be surprised if Ebay actually has someone looking at the messages that trigger the response.

That said, I would certainly not send something FC to Bulgaria... :deadhorse:

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel the same about my LabelWriter 4XL.
The 4XL was on my purchase list until I got an amazing deal on the 450 Turbo. Dymo has saved me TONS of time. I can't believe how much time I wasted cutting out damn labels.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You ever have one of those days where you're super out of it and seal both ends of the box before you put anything in it.....and then you're so out of it that you still don't notice until you weigh it and think "wow, this Loro Piana Cashmere Cloud fabric really IS lightweight...." and then you see the sport coat hanging up and only then realize that you sealed the box up with nothing in it?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, need advice.

Sold a NWT suit to a buyer that's using a forwarding company based in NYC. He buys the suit, and then messages me afterwards asking me to lower the price on the customs form.

Will I pay a penalty if I cancel and refund the transaction through ebay?

If I go ahead and send it with the full amount on the customs form, can he just refuse to accept it and initiate a return?

Thanks!

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I don't think you are allowed to "lower the price" on the customs form.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads