• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
upload_2018-1-19_23-3-58.png

I just cancelled it, "buyer requested cancellation" for the reason. May be completely innocent, not in the mood for that **** though.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a buyer message me in eBay 28 days after receiving a zegna suit asking if he could return because “it wasn’t fitting” I told him I do not accept returns due to fit. He never said it didn’t fit because it was described. Within seconds he opens a case on PayPal saying it wasn’t as described and that he contacted me through eBay and he never heard back from me. Is there anything I need to tell PayPal? I’ve been trying to upload his messages afte escalating but their customer service department is closed so I will have to calll tomorrow. He tried to open a case for two separate reasons will that help my case?

My understanding is that PayPal cannot directly access messages on Ebay any longer. I don't have enough experience dealing with PayPal customer service reps to tell you how they might handle this. I would certainly call and state what transpired through Ebay messaging, and also that no case was open through Ebay (PayPal should be requiring problems with Ebay transactions be handled through Ebay). They just might side with you.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that PayPal cannot directly access messages on Ebay any longer. I don't have enough experience dealing with PayPal customer service reps to tell you how they might handle this. I would certainly call and state what transpired through Ebay messaging, and also that no case was open through Ebay (PayPal should be requiring problems with Ebay transactions be handled through Ebay). They just might side with you.
I was able to get the messages uploaded with screenshots. I actually found one more message from him two weeks after receiving the suit asking me for positive feedback. No mention of the suit not fitting. Is there any way to upload another picture? I can’t find a way

Edit: found a way and uploaded more info

eBay name

youlittle213

Last edited:

Yorker

Reaction score
USPS trouble -

I live in brooklyn. Occasionally I'll go out with some packages to drop off at a shipping center and see a USPS guy around, walk up and give them the prepaid packages. Usually they're chill with it, occasionally they say they can't take them. Usually it results in faster acceptance than the shipping seller slog.

On wednesday I dropped off two packages with a usps guy on the street, one of them express. Neither have scanned and both buyers are getting upset. I figured they'd see that one was express 1 day and get on it, but no dice? Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Talk to your local post office ASAP. If you can, visit them in person. They know the routes of the postal workers and will follow up with them.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
USPS trouble -

I live in brooklyn. Occasionally I'll go out with some packages to drop off at a shipping center and see a USPS guy around, walk up and give them the prepaid packages. Usually they're chill with it, occasionally they say they can't take them. Usually it results in faster acceptance than the shipping seller slog.

On wednesday I dropped off two packages with a usps guy on the street, one of them express. Neither have scanned and both buyers are getting upset. I figured they'd see that one was express 1 day and get on it, but no dice? Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?
I never hand packages to anyone outside of the post office unless they can scan them into the system while I am watching them. Otherwise, it is your word against theirs... and eBay doesn't put much value in your word.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never hand packages to anyone outside of the post office unless they can scan them into the system while I am watching them. Otherwise, it is your word against theirs... and eBay doesn't put much value in your word.

I'm in the same boat. We have a USPS pickup at my office but the person never scans the packages for some reason so I always take them to the post office over lunch. Kinda sucks but it's a good excuse to leave work for a bit.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Follow up to my PayPal fun. I called them this morning and they closed it pretty quickly in my favor.
Have a strong feeling there will be a CC chargeback coming soon.

I'm pretty certain that PayPal will side with you on the chargeback as well, since they've already closed a case against this buyer.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
USPS trouble -

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads