1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

I knew this guy was going to be a problem when I received this message attached to order for a sweater.

He opened a SNAD return for a freakin’ pull in the material that wasn’t disclosed in the listing. Pisses me off because it will take him two minutes to fix it. I ate the cost, but save yourselves the trouble and block him.

97010546-8FEC-4C1F-868E-09A573C5A131.png

2. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior Member

Perhaps you didn't pack carefully enough per his instructions and were the cause of the damage yourself?

Being sarcastic, if it wasn't clear.

3. bert9000

bert9000 Senior Member

sold2.png

Recommend blocking this asshole. Loses a PayPal case and opens one with his bank (which was also closed against him today).

4. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Distinguished Member

7245E742-6CF9-45DA-BB8C-FA28320FE662.jpeg
    Block this piece of shit. Claims a Ferragamo belt is fake. 100% real no doubt

5. c21ban

c21ban Senior Member

New to this particular forum but not to eBay. Been selling for nearly 17 years off and on and nothing buyers come up with as an excuse to get you to refund a portion of purchase, making false claims, etc., surprises me. This is what retailers have had to deal with forever and this will never change.

Tonight I guy requests info on a pair of Tom Ford pants as well as some socks that I have listed that are NWT, less than 65% of retail and asks “for a deal’! No offer given from him and just the assumption that he was entitled. I replied back that they ARE a deal already.

His reply back was “yes, but not good enough for the internet”. When I get this type of reply from a potential buyer, I just go ahead and block them as I know even if they purchase, there will ultimately be some issue. While I may lose a buyer, this time around, there are many other great buyers that see this as an opportunity.

6. masaccio

masaccio Senior Member

I would say you can’t guarantee it’s from a smoke free/per free home and cancel based on that. But other sellers have much more experience than me in avoiding getting dinged.

7. masaccio

masaccio Senior Member

Since when did Linda stop negotiating?!?!?

Item is $24.01 BINOBO

I offered $12.01—just over 50% of asking, which in the past seemed to be the automatic decline point.

Declined. No counteroffer.

OK, I’m being cheap.

$14.

Declined. No counteroffer.

$15.

Declined again. No counter.

WTF?!? Linda used to be a reliable negotiator. Back and forth three times and meet in the middle.

Don’t tell me she’s getting...savvy???!!!

8. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Distinguished Member

Could just be based on the price of the item. She accepted my offer on a suit the other day that was 60% of BIN.